Martin Logan Shower Cleaning PDF

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is all very interesting. How I get around all of this is...........I put the black covers on my Classic 9's when ever they are not in use, so they are not exposed to much. Only me in the house, no furry pets. I got OCD bad when it comes to dust in the listening space or anywhere in the home for that matter 😟 :giggle: .
I do exactly the same, everything is covered from head to toe. Black covers on CLX's plus all the gear as well, cloth / pillow covers on top. Especially the TT rig, got two very curious cats... The BF210 is covered as well with spare tubes on top. Each component has spare (burnt out) tubes sitting on them, this sort of keeps those furry fellas away... I guess they're scared of the flame if it lights up!
A serious Vacuum session takes place before listening, unless I was listening on consecutive days. Otherwise vacuum twice a week before uncovering, this all takes about 15 - 20mins, so it's become an annoying ritual but needs to get done. Very ocd here as well, and nothing's allowed to spill on the floor either!

Keep it clean mate! It's worth it.
Woof! RJ

Attachments

• 20221019_115842.jpg
    20221019_115842.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hi Guys, what is the time duration that you used the ML before considering the wash?
The time duration varies greatly. It can be 6-20 years. But it should be very clear - when your speaker starts to sound muffled and missing treble, that's when you need to replace the panels or consider washing them.

My 1995 SL3's started sounding somewhat dark by 2015. I lent them to a friend for about 3 years, and when I got them back, that's when I realized they were in trouble. With the woofers turned down (with the rear switch) they sounded just OK, but still dark. I got my new panels in 2021, and they are amazing!

My 1995 SL3's started sounding somewhat dark by 2015. I lent them to a friend for about 3 years, and when I got them back, that's when I realized they were in trouble. With the woofers turned down (with the rear switch) they sounded just OK, but still dark. I got my new panels in 2021, and they are amazing!
My Prodigy speakers were the same. Using Audyssey DSP on them actually made them sound decent, but nowhere near optimal. The bass was way down to compensate. They were about 21 years old at the time.

Back