Martin Logan customer service is...Amazing.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akm3

Reaction score
I have worked with ML customer service twice now, once with Jim and once with Michelle. Both times they have absolutely blown me away that a company could be so good to it's customers.

I even made clear I expected to pay for a replacement part and that I didn't purchase from an authorized dealer and therefore wasn't under any warantee. I was still sent, free of charge, the replacement part under warantee.

If this is how they treat their secondary market customers that made them ZERO DOLLARS, I can't imagine how well they treat their Tier 1 customers.

This makes me want to buy all brand new stuff just to support such nice people and good customer service (and "shiny new" is a nice touch too!)

Before I had to scrimp in the used market to afford gear, but now my income has been increasing and Martin Logan is treating me right. I guarantee it will be remembered when my next purchases are made.

Jim and Michelle should get raises and awards.

-Allen Monroe

Great product Great service, Of course we will be ML customers for a long time.

ML is so nice to me. I remember when I had Mosaics, I was missing some screw plugs for the front baffle...

I called and they asked for my address.. and sent it! That was it. Nothing about receipts, where did you buy it, when....

Great CS!!

Can't wait to meet Jim Power and co at the Nationals...

JOey ;)

How about customer service in Canada, when you have to deal with the distributor. Is it the same? Is it possible to buy replacement panel and at what cost? I'm asking this so maybe some Canadian here can answered these question.

Hi daniel, the distributor is in Quebec. They repsonded to some questions I had about replacement panels very quickly. Unfortunately I do not have there email handy. You can find them through the ml site.

Hi daniel, the distributor is in Quebec. They repsonded to some questions I had about replacement panels very quickly. Unfortunately I do not have there email handy. You can find them through the ml site.

Thanks spinner. I know how to find there email and phone number. It's your customer view that interest me. How much $$$ and how fast your replacement panel was done? From what you have read in here, is it similar to us customer services?

How about customer service in Canada, when you have to deal with the distributor. Is it the same? Is it possible to buy replacement panel and at what cost? I'm asking this so maybe some Canadian here can answered these question.

The distributor in Canada, Plurison, is excellent. They've been around a long time and distribute a good mix of high-end brands and in my experience they offer top-notch service. I've had to have a couple of things fixed on my (early) Vantages and Plurison, via my dealer, was extremely responsive and professional. I'm not sure how they'd compare to ML in the States but you can in some cases I guess bypass Plurison and go directly to ML. I didn't have the sense that Plurison was marking up parts particularly. You do pay a bit more for them to deal with the import, etc, I imagine.

best,

k

I agree on the great service. Through my dealer in Tampa (can I say the name here?) I decided to go for just the replacement parts and do the labor myself. This was only because the speakers are well broken in and the part seemed easily replaceable by myself. Apparently, the parts arrived one day after the order was made (Bottom strut on panel/base for the Vantage) with clear and comprehensive instructions as well as the business card of the service associate. Well done Martin Logan and (oh Heck) Sound Advice of Tampa.

PS: No charge either (warranty)

I have worked with ML customer service twice now, once with Jim and once with Michelle. Both times they have absolutely blown me away that a company could be so good to it's customers.

I even made clear I expected to pay for a replacement part and that I didn't purchase from an authorized dealer and therefore wasn't under any warantee. I was still sent, free of charge, the replacement part under warantee.

If this is how they treat their secondary market customers that made them ZERO DOLLARS, I can't imagine how well they treat their Tier 1 customers.

This makes me want to buy all brand new stuff just to support such nice people and good customer service (and "shiny new" is a nice touch too!)

Before I had to scrimp in the used market to afford gear, but now my income has been increasing and Martin Logan is treating me right. I guarantee it will be remembered when my next purchases are made.

-Allen Monroe

I've had to deal with Jim twice and it was a great experience both times.

The distributor in Canada, Plurison, is excellent. They've been around a long time and distribute a good mix of high-end brands and in my experience they offer top-notch service. I've had to have a couple of things fixed on my (early) Vantages and Plurison, via my dealer, was extremely responsive and professional. I'm not sure how they'd compare to ML in the States but you can in some cases I guess bypass Plurison and go directly to ML. I didn't have the sense that Plurison was marking up parts particularly. You do pay a bit more for them to deal with the import, etc, I imagine.

best,

k

I've send an email to Plurison regarding replacement parts, cost and delay. I will do a follow up when I'll receive the answers

Here's the follow up for Canadian services, near Montreal, Québec.

I had ashed for replacement panel for SL3 and Aerius. They are: Aerius :

SL3 : $ 1100 cad( 1037usd) and $ 800 cad(754usd) for a pair.

If they have in in stock it take 24 hours, if not 2 to 4 weeks.

They also told me that panel's expecting life can go from 8 to 14 years, depending on the environment they are "living" in.
Also, nicotine can killed them.

Since nobody smoke in my home it's fine with me.

If I decide to go for the used market, I think I will bring cigarettes and offer one to the seller.

-Allen Monroe

This is how one can identify a company that is a winner, has their act together, and will be around for a long tme.

Latest posts

Back