Mark Levinson with Martin Logan

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

urskog

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience to share here?
I'm kind of mulling over what seems to be an awesome deal on a pair of Mark Levinson 436 mono blocks and basically want to hear if anyone here has tried the 436's with ML speakers.

I've heard the Levinson's with M-L's many times and found it to be a very, very nice combination.:music: I've always liked the bass control of the Krell's a lot better than Levinson, though....and the price point;)

Dan

I'm not a Levinson fan, finding them sounding a bit bland and boring compared to other amps in their class. I'll take a set of Jeff Rowland or Krell over Mark Levinson almost any day.

That being said, if a set showed up on the 'Gon or local retailer at a price that I could get the wife to go for, I would be selling my Acurus amps so fast it'd make your head swim.

My 2 cents.

~VDR

Thanks for the input guys, guess I'll have to ask my gut on how to proceed now :)

I have a No433 (200 x 3) on my Summit X and they sound wonderful. I still have not moved into my new home (hopefully closing tomorrow!) so I have not had a chance to really critically listen to the combo. From what I have heard so far they sound great together.

FWIW I have a customer with 4 Spires are rears, each with a No436 on it that sound great as well. We had a pair of No436 on his CLX before upgrading to the No53 amps.

Good luck.

Oh yea, I remember reading that a while back but memory is both short and bad, thx for reminding me :)
Guess I'll have to consider calling the bank real hard now and perhaps buy those amps..
It would've been cheaper if you guys said they sucked! :D

Seems like the seller has vanished from the face of the earth sadly.
Been trying to get a hold of him again for ~1.5w but no luck on either phone or e-mail so I guess I'll have to live without the amps :(

And just like that he resurfaces..
Dagnammit, time to consult my bank! :music:

Hmm, I seem to have decided to buy them and if all goes as planned they will be delivered to me next week.
My nerd nerve is tingling! :music:

Back