Look what you made me do Tom !!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and Honda's cruiser lineup is Mesozoic.

Totally disagree ....... for Cruisers are are not only subjective with respect to looks but the ergonomics and 'visceral' feel they impart is also important. I for one think Yammi and Honda have the nicest Metric Cruisers.

I lay awake nights, lusting for one of these...

(Triumph Bonneville T-100)

--Richard

Richard,

My father used to race Triumphs; I grew up with them. They're a fun bike for taking nice, easy rides in the countryside. I've owned and ridden a lot of bikes over the last 40 years and I think that gives me a learned perspective. There is still a place for the Triumph twin!

I had an 84 V65 Sabre, the "standard" bike to the Magna's "cruiser" look.

Peter

Nice. I owned an '83 Sabre 750. I put 50,000 miles on that bike. The only problem with those 1st generation V4's were the cam chain adjusters. Tom, if you get the V65, be sure to listen for the slapping adjuster. It's an expensive repair. Honda fixed the problem with the next generation V4 engine.

Honda's cruiser lineup is Mesozoic.

I love my VTX and I think she looks pretty sweet also.
Only $8,000 out of the showroom 4 years ago.
Could have bought 2 for the price of a Harley.
Sadly lifes been too busy lately and she spends most of her time in my garage.

Attachments

• 101_0266.JPG
    101_0266.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,508
I love my VTX and I think she looks pretty sweet also.
Only $8,000 out of the showroom 4 years ago.
Could have bought 2 for the price of a Harley.
Sadly lifes been too busy lately and she spends most of her time in my garage.

Wayne, that is drop dead gorgeous !! I looked at a used VTX just yesterday, all stock, 2004, only 2100 miles, $6100.

What pipes do you have, Cobra by chance ??

Wayne, that is drop dead gorgeous !! I looked at a used VTX just yesterday, all stock, 2004, only 2100 miles, $6100.

What pipes do you have, Cobra by chance ??

Thanks Dave,
Was that the 1800 or 1300?
Mines a 2003 VTX 1300. When looking for mine I believe the 1800 was $3,000 more than the 1300, and I liked the handling a lot better on the 1300. The 1800 is a big bike.

The pipes are ShoGun wide open no baffles, Very loud. I previously had Roadhouse pipes on the bike. Really love the ShoGuns but after only 2 years their starting to blue already.

Last edited:
Was that the 1800 or 1300?

The pipes are ShoGun wide open no baffles, Very loud. I previously had Roadhouse pipes on the bike. Really love the ShoGuns but after only 2 years their starting to blue already.

Wayne, the bike I looked at was the 1300, BTW, I must also add...... those white wall tires absolutely make 'the bike'. I e-mailed my bro-inlaw the pic of your bike (he's a DIE-HARD Harley guy, his comment...... "Holy chit that thing is nice" !). Again my compliments on one hell of a nice ride !!

" Greg, Don't be jealous, I only rented the thing !!!"

im pretty obsessed with all things HD. i cant help it:rolleyes:. true other bikes are cheaper cost wise, (and look good), but ill stick with my harley :D

~greg

Wayne, the bike I looked at was the 1300, BTW, I must also add...... those white wall tires absolutely make 'the bike'. I e-mailed my bro-inlaw the pic of your bike (he's a DIE-HARD Harley guy, his comment...... "Holy chit that thing is nice" !). Again my compliments on one hell of a nice ride !!

Thanks for the kind words Dave.
If we have our annual event next year in Chicago, I'll let you take her for a spin.
You should see her at night, I light up the v-twin engine with ML blue neon mounted under the gas tank. Looks really cool.:cool:

Back