Little accident....

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nielsen

Reaction score
I had an accident, spilled a bit of redwine on my Aeon! Of course I put my mouth to the panel and sucked out what I could, shouldnt waste good wine....
Anyway, I spilled it on the cover for the bass, but I just rindes that, and then the bottom inch, 3,5 cm, of the panel. I could see it ran along the egde the panel sits in, and came out under the led light.
But how do I clean this?
How is the panel attached to the frame? I dont see any wires....
If I lift the wood railings up, should I then be able to lift the panel free from the edge its sitting in? Then I can just put a cloth underneath the panel and carefully rinse it off, or what?

I had an accident, spilled a bit of redwine on my Aeon! Of course I put my mouth to the panel and sucked out what I could, shouldnt waste good wine....
Anyway, I spilled it on the cover for the bass, but I just rindes that, and then the bottom inch, 3,5 cm, of the panel. I could see it ran along the egde the panel sits in, and came out under the led light.
But how do I clean this?
How is the panel attached to the frame? I dont see any wires....
If I lift the wood railings up, should I then be able to lift the panel free from the edge its sitting in? Then I can just put a cloth underneath the panel and carefully rinse it off, or what?
Hola and do not worry Nielsen. Perhaps with wine, they will sing better...lay the back part on top of a pillow, use a rubber hammer and hit at the bottom of the rails until they get loose...both rails...now you can clean everything...hope this can help...happy listening,
Roberto.

So I need a rubber hammer to knock the wooden rails up, thought I could just lift them. Okay.
But can I then lift the electrostatic panel just a little up so I can clean down in that metal groove? How is the panel powered? Does it have sockets that are hidden in that metal groove?

Now you can describe floral top notes, perhaps with hints of raspberry and cassis, with your favorite recordings!:ROFL:
Make sure you unplug your Aeon and let the power supply bleed its voltage off for perhaps an hour before going near the panels. Once you have the rails off, the cover for the dynamic driver will remove easily. The connections for the panels should be under the cover for the electronics. My favorite cleaner is Endust For Electronics, but if it's unavailable your way, a few drops of dish detergent in lukewarm water will work well.

Now you can describe floral top notes, perhaps with hints of raspberry and cassis, with your favorite recordings!:ROFL:
Audioenophilia. Hilarious.;)

Yes, the cloth cover for the bass driver is off, drying after a rinse.
But I just dont understand how the panel is powered. Forgive me. Looking from underneath, up under the led light I see nothing, only screws holding the metal rail the panel goes down into. I also see the cover for the connections, as you say, its fastened with 3 screws, you cannot get to these before the panel is lifted free of the rail maybe 2-3 inches.
But I guess I will discover all this when I get the wooden rails off....
Thanks, and for your info, the wine is from Chile...

Back