Quantcast

Lighting Storm

MartinLogan Owners (MLO)

Help Support MartinLogan Owners (MLO):

max157

Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2005
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
During a lighting storm yesterday both of my Martin Logan Ascent Is blue light turned on. My pre-amp, amp and Ascents are plugged into a Monster Power Center HTS 5100. The pre-amp and amp were turned off at time. Has anyone seen this before? Should I worry about it?

Max
 

roberto

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 1, 2005
Messages
3,163
Reaction score
31
Location
San Jose, Costa Rica
max157 said:
During a lighting storm yesterday both of my Martin Logan Ascent Is blue light turned on. My pre-amp, amp and Ascents are plugged into a Monster Power Center HTS 5100. The pre-amp and amp were turned off at time. Has anyone seen this before? Should I worry about it?

Max
No...don´t worry about it...but when there is a storm, it is recommended to unplugg all your system, including the tv...you never know when a lighting-strike is going to happen and could damage all your system and speakers...happy listening,
Roberto. :D
 

Jeff Zaret

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 3, 2005
Messages
1,214
Reaction score
1
Location
Lancaster,Ca
Max,
Roberto has good advice. We had one last night and I thought about it after the fact and will check it when I get home. We did have another freak storm, for the desert, a few weeks ago and my HT processor got confused. It normally is in a standby state until you turn it on. I reset the main power and all is well.

Just my 1 cent worth this time. :)

Jeff :cool:
 

Viking

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
89
Reaction score
0
Location
67"N, Norway
Jeff Zaret said:
Max,
Roberto has good advice. We had one last night and I thought about it after the fact and will check it when I get home. We did have another freak storm, for the desert, a few weeks ago and my HT processor got confused. It normally is in a standby state until you turn it on. I reset the main power and all is well.

Just my 1 cent worth this time. :)

Jeff :cool:
Haven`t had 1 real thunderstorm this year, must be me living 2 far north at 67 degrees north
:) and it`s now 45 degrees outside :)
 

Viking

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
89
Reaction score
0
Location
67"N, Norway
Viking said:
Haven`t had 1 real thunderstorm this year, must be me living 2 far north at 67 degrees north
:) and it`s now 45 degrees outside :)
And yeah, we had our first frostnight in early august :)
 

Viking

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
89
Reaction score
0
Location
67"N, Norway
Jeff Zaret said:
I think today was the first day under 100 degrees in almost a month!! :eek:

Jeff :cool:
All tempratures above 80 make me unable to do anything and are so uncommon they may occur a few days mid summer
Our heat record is around 90 degrees. And at 2000 feet u can still make snowballs out of last winters snow :)
 

Cherian

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
1,214
Reaction score
0
The LEDs most likely illuminated because of induced voltage. This can be caused by a close lightening strike. I use Powervar power conditioners on everything. www.powervar.com. These don’t look as cool as the Monster unit but I know they do a better job in cleaning up power.
 

Jeff Zaret

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 3, 2005
Messages
1,214
Reaction score
1
Location
Lancaster,Ca
Viking,
The difference is we have very little humidty. It averages about 10% so it is not as bad as other places but still hot!. :eek:

Jeff :cool:
 

Viking

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
89
Reaction score
0
Location
67"N, Norway
Jeff Zaret said:
Viking,
The difference is we have very little humidty. It averages about 10% so it is not as bad as other places but still hot!. :eek:

Jeff :cool:
Humidity and precipitation is something we have in abundance
:)
 

roberto

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 1, 2005
Messages
3,163
Reaction score
31
Location
San Jose, Costa Rica
Viking said:
Humidity and precipitation is something we have in abundance
:)
Hola chicos...here in Costa Rica humidity is today 92%...this is the tropic, but temperature is 18 degrees Centigrade. Our weather is humid but not so high in temperature. Like Paradise. Here we have rain everyday like cats and dogs...no snow. We have 9 months with rain and three months dry. At December stops raining, and in April stars to rain...
Happy listening, trust your ears and have fun!!!!
Roberto.
 

Latest posts

Top