How fast do you guys type?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe, hard to say since they had a chicane in place. Without the chicane it diffinitely would've. All I know is don't do vegas in August! Daytime temps around 120 and over 160 in the car. Car didn't like it either and blew the motor halfway through the second race... errg!

SUCK on that last part! There were a couple of Rufs when I was at TMS and that is why I said 140+ as the one w/ a really good driver was crossing 150! YEOW! Good thing he had monster brakes!

That's the only southern Islay malt I haven't had yet... How is it?

</thread jack>

I'm also a fan of Islays and was an avid Laphroaig fan for years (I prefer the 10 over the 15) until I tried Lagavulin 16 at a Paris bar last month. It's rich, smooth, has a full body, and full of "smoke". I picked up a couple of bottles over there since I knew they're hard to come by at the local liquor stores. I've also heard great things about Ardberg. I have to give that a try as well as the new Laphroaig Quarter Cask. BTW, there's a great single malt thread under the "best of" forums on audiogon. Cheers!

Last edited:
I'm also a fan of Islays and was an avid Laphroaig fan for years (I prefer the 10 over the 15) until I tried Lagavulin 16 at a Paris bar last month. It's rich, smooth, has a full body, and full of "smoke". I picked up a couple of bottles over there since I knew they're hard to come by at the local liquor stores. I've also heard great things about Ardberg. I have to give that a try as well as the new Laphroaig Quarter Cask. BTW, there's a great single malt thread under the "best of" forums on audiogon. Cheers!

I've got Laphroaig 10, Ardberg, Caol Ila 12, Johnny Walker Green, and Glinfiddich 18 in the bar right now. Laphroaig is by far my favorite, way way better IMO than Ardberg. The Caol Ila is very good for a "beginner" palate but it's a bit soft for my taste. Actaully, I lied, I went to look at what year the Ardberg is and I took it to my friend's house last week and it went *poof* :) I'm pretty sure it was 10. Speaking of... I need to pick up a bottle of Bowmore 12... :D

Maybe we should start another thread? :D

Latest posts

Back