How about a Zoom session to commemorate the new site and 13th anniversary of our visit to ML in Lawrence, KS?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleepysurf

Reaction score
In June 2007, a group of us all got together for a weekend to tour the ML facilities in Lawrence, KS, and visit nearby Acoustic Sounds in Salina, KS.

ML Visit Newspaper - Copy.jpg

Although Tom, and others, from that original group have moved on to different gear and pursuits, a surprising number of us are still active on this forum. Since many of us are still "sheltering in place" I thought it might be fun to "kick off" this new site by hosting a Zoom session on Sat June 20, for the "old-timers" and "newbies" alike. If interested, reply here, and I'll set up a 2 hr Zoom session for that date (perhaps 3 PM EST to accommodate West Coast members as well).

It would be fun to reminisce and reconnect in person! Maybe we can even get somebody from ML to join in!

Here's an old pic from that fateful weekend!

MLgroup - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Alan, great idea. Sign me up!

That was a really fun event, so glad we went. I'll dig out my pics from that day.

great idea Alan as Jonathan said, count me in !

ps - the only thing I've ever 'zoomed' in my life was a ride in a friends Mazda so bear with me !

Is Sat 6/20 at 3 PM (EST) OK for y'all? If not, please suggest another time (preferably on that same date).

To avoid "Zoom Bombing" I won't publicly post the link here, but I'll keep tracking responses and PM everybody that has "RSVP'd" here as wanting to participate.

I didn't make it across the vast ocean, however I'd love to join in here.

3pm east coast is 5am here - so maybe 4pm if that works out for everyone else?

Amey01 (across the pond) suggested 4 PM (EST) as better (6 AM for him), and that sounds like a fair compromise. I'll wait for a little more feedback before finalizing that time.

I'd like to attend the book session! I did not make the trip, but it would be great to see some of the members of this group!!

Erik

OK. I've scheduled a Zoom session for Saturday, June 20 at 4 PM (EST), to accommodate those in Australia, Britain, and elsewhere. I'll PM everybody with the Zoom link a couple days before (once we have a better head count).

I presume most of you are familiar with Zoom (or similar video conferencing platforms). If not, here's a link for helpful resources... Frequently Asked Questions

I'm not 100% sure how Zoom works from non-U.S. locations, so those of you "across the pond" will need to research that.

If you experience audio or video dropouts due to insufficient network connectivity or bandwidth, it sometimes helps to turn your video camera off. You can also (alternatively) use a phone for the audio feed.

One key request... please MUTE your audio when not speaking, to eliminate feedback from your computer speakers, and minimize everybody from "talking over one another." If using a device with a physical keyboard, you can temporarily UN-MUTE yourself by depressing and holding the SPACE key when speaking. If using a smartphone, I believe you'll need to download the (free) Zoom app.

Those of you with more Zoom experience are welcome to chime in with additional suggestions!

OK. I've scheduled a Zoom session for Saturday, June 20 at 4 PM (EST), to accommodate those in Australia, Britain, and elsewhere. I'll PM everybody with the Zoom link a couple days before (once we have a better head count).

Those of you with more Zoom experience are welcome to chime in with additional suggestions!
Hey Alan, looking forward to this one. And I do have a suggestion since you are the one with the initiating account. Please log in to your Zoom settings and enable DSCP and set the DSCP settings as per this linked article Optimizing for Zoom conferencing

That really helps to ensure that at least the voice component is marked correctly and prioritized by networking gear that pays attention to QoS.
If you are on Windows, remember to launch the Zoom app as 'Administrator' to allow DSCP marks to flow (Windows blanks DSCP by default, since so many apps cheat).

Very cool idea and super dim question from me ! Where is the Zoom invite link? I am in the UK.

Back