G'day everyone, I'm now a Martin Logan owner "you beauty"

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budgie

Reaction score
I'm currently upgrading my system and just recently bought some Summits, WOW are they good or what, I was looking at the Accuphase E550 integrated and DP500 as source, I've had a look at the site but havent seen Accuphase mentioned, Is anyone out there that can shine a light for me please

Accuphase is very hard to find here in the states (and VERY expensive), which explains why you don't see much chatter here about it..

Last edited:
My local pusher, I mean hi-fi merchant, is an Accuphase dealer. I've always really liked their stuff, both aesthetically and sonically. Detailed and refined comes to mind when I think Accuphase. I've never heard them paired with Martin Logans though.

Hi from the Gold Coast - where are you located?

I know Accuphase will be hard to find here too - not sure who the distributor is, but one bet it will be expensive!

Accuphase is very hard to find here in the states (and VERY expensive), which explains why you don't see much chatter here about it..

Thanks for that Tom, I see pictures of you boys with huge power amps to run your panels like the Pass Labs, Boulder, Krell etc and think my god I cant afford anything like that. I can get the Accuphase integrated new for 11k and to compare the new Boulder 865 integrated over here is 19k and the Pass Labs 350.5 power amp is 14k, for me to contemplate buying 2nd hand from Audiogon is also a killer with our conversion rate of 60-65 cents in your dollar.
regards
Ron

I'm in Kalgoorlie, Western Australia about 6 hours out of Perth, I've found Simply Hifi in Subiaco sell the Accuphase gear, they also sell Parasound which I may be keen to check out next time I hit the city.
do you follow Aussie Rules

thanks Tim, the boys at the store say the E550 is 30 watts pure class A and doubles to 2 ohms then 150 at 1 ohm so should have enough current, they tell me that 30 watts class A is like 300 watts A/B, mate I wouldnt have a clue.
regards
Ron

I'm in Kalgoorlie, Western Australia about 6 hours out of Perth, I've found Simply Hifi in Subiaco sell the Accuphase gear, they also sell Parasound which I may be keen to check out next time I hit the city.

Wow, who'd have thought that someone from Kevin Bloody Wilson's home town would be an ML fan!

thanks Tim, the boys at the store say the E550 is 30 watts pure class A and doubles to 2 ohms then 150 at 1 ohm so should have enough current, they tell me that 30 watts class A is like 300 watts A/B, mate I wouldnt have a clue.
regards
Ron

The Accuphase stuff is very similar to Luxman...

I've got the Luxman 30wpc class A integrated and it is a very good match with ML. Used it with everything from the CLX down to the vantage. It even drives my Magnepans!

If you go this route, you should be very happy.

The Behringer EP1500 at USD 300 is surprisingly good with Logans.Use a good PC and you will be surprised.Then you can start saving for an Audio Research.

Hi Budgie and welcome to the forum from another Australian. I guess there is not a lot of choice in high powered amplification in Kalgoorlie :p - you have a pm.

Kevin

Simply HiFi have some nice stuff, judging by their website. Good luck. Yes, I follow the Aussie Rules - but only casually. I'm a Swans fan (originating from Sydney and all), but will follow the Gold Coast equally as strongly when we get our team in 2010! Being from Sydney, I just can't warm to Brisbane in any way - rather a Victorian team wins!! You?

Bombers thru & thru, I cant stand the WA sides I'm originally a Vic boy and been over here about 20 yrs.
Like your system with the sub, I remember reading about the Whise in an Aus mag and may go something similar to what you've got, I like my movies but not taken with the surround sound and to do that I would have to find amplification with a pre out.
Whats does a Sqeezebox do and have you got a SACD collection.
Ron

Hi Kevin, yeah its pretty poor, brought my speakers from Melbourne, I check Audio Connections listings daily looking for a bargain, I dont know of many sites to check. What are you running.
Ron

Thanks Gordon, I will check it out. your system will certainly have some grunt with the Pass Labs, is the CJ pre amp tubed.
Ron

Bombers thru & thru, I cant stand the WA sides I'm originally a Vic boy and been over here about 20 yrs.
Like your system with the sub, I remember reading about the Whise in an Aus mag and may go something similar to what you've got, I like my movies but not taken with the surround sound and to do that I would have to find amplification with a pre out.
Whats does a Sqeezebox do and have you got a SACD collection.
Ron

Yes, I've got a small SACD collection. A Squeezebox is a music streamer - streams music such as FLAC or Apple Lossless files from a computer to your hi-fi, either via wire or wireless.

Hi Kevin, yeah its pretty poor, brought my speakers from Melbourne, I check Audio Connections listings daily looking for a bargain, I dont know of many sites to check. What are you running.
Ron

Hi again Ron,

I sent you a pm via the board - my suggestion there was to take a look at the local stereo forum http://www.stereo.net.au/forums/index.php. Good gear in the classifieds and could I draw your attention to the Plinius preamp and amp that "Orpheus" is trying to sell. Plinius is the solution that a few of us here have lighted upon.

My apologies to the forum for linking to the local forum but if you spin a globe you will understand just how far from Audiogon we are in Australia.

Kevin

Last edited:
Back