Do I Really Need a Sub?

MartinLogan Owners (MLO)

Help Support MartinLogan Owners (MLO):

BDH55

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
Have the new subs arrived?
Amazing!!! Did you put this on your calendar???:ROFLMAO:

They were just delivered this afternoon!! So far only the T/9i has made it to my AV room. I'll have to recruit my neighbor to help move the 212/SX's. Might be a few days before that happens...

BDH55

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
Congratulations!! Can’t wait for your review of the 212/SX!!
Okay, well hope you aren't disappointed! While some of the members here write like magazine reviewers, that's just never been me. While I'll certainly try, I don't know if I just don't have the ears to actually hear all the subtleties, or I don't have the words to express them. :unsure:

ttocs

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, well hope you aren't disappointed! While some of the members here write like magazine reviewers, that's just never been me. While I'll certainly try, I don't know if I just don't have the ears to actually hear all the subtleties, or I don't have the words to express them. :unsure:
Whaaaa . . .?
But . . . I was expecting superlatives, esoteric terms, philosophical expressions twisted into audio mumbo jumbo lingo, and the like. Thanks for warning us. I'll try to adjust my expectations accordingly. ;)

Have you been able to enlist the neighborhood to help get those things out of the boxes? I use ancient Egyptian leverage technology and triangle moving casters to get my heavy things moved around the room, of course - that's once they're out of the boxes.

BDH55

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
Whaaaa . . .?
But . . . I was expecting superlatives, esoteric terms, philosophical expressions twisted into audio mumbo jumbo lingo, and the like. Thanks for warning us. I'll try to adjust my expectations accordingly. ;)

Have you been able to enlist the neighborhood to help get those things out of the boxes? I use ancient Egyptian leverage technology and triangle moving casters to get my heavy things moved around the room, of course - that's once they're out of the boxes.
You crack me up! :ROFLMAO: Nope, the neighborhood hasn't yet shown up. Something about trying to two wheel large 150+# boxes down a big hill covered in snow, and into our lower level... all while avoiding them ending up in the lake! Trust me though... we will get there, and I will certainly give my opinion.

I was able to get the T/9i RED down to my room and unboxed, and my first observation is this is probably the most perfectly finished audio product that I have ever seen! My wife actually made the decision to go with the limited edition RED, and while skeptical, I went with it and sure glad I did. It is just gorgeous! Okay, so that is the first review. Sure hope it sounds good though as that's before it is even wired up... :unsure: