Quantcast

Ethos sound issues

MartinLogan Owners (MLO)

Help Support MartinLogan Owners (MLO):

Purdey

Reaction score
Hi my Ethos are sounding 'flat'pretty much all bass hardly any mid or highs, local dealer tech saying may need to change panels. Wondering if anyone has had a similar issue

khenegar1

Reaction score
contact martin logan for some reason ur panels are not working. they will run u thru some tests

roberto

Reaction score
Hola Purdey,

Khen is giving to you the best advice. It looks that your panels are not working right. If the panels were totally dead, then the culprit is the PSU (power supply unit), but it looks that you are still getting sound from the stat panels. Contact ML about your problem, they will guide you step by step of how to track the problem.

Usually the problem is at only one speakers, but yours looks to be both stat panels. You can do the washing procedure of the stat panels. Usually the panels come back to sing again after the washing. Here is how to do that: Martin Logan Shower Cleaning PDF

Happy listening!

Purdey

Reaction score
Hi Khen/Roberto, thank u for your prompt responses, reached out to ML support n as a 1st step have been advised to vacuum speakers, so let's see if that works...

Purdey

Reaction score
Vacuum didn't work ML support responded that panels need to be replaced. How are ML/ their dealers, on warranty claims, had picked the speakers in oct 2018?

Robert D

Reaction score
Vacuum didn't work ML support responded that panels need to be replaced. How are ML/ their dealers, on warranty claims, had picked the speakers in oct 2018?
I had my depth i sub serviced under warranty at my dealer and everything went well with that. It was actually in 2x.