Electomotion ESL owners opinions please..

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say some of you guys bitch about everything.I stop by now and then since I own a new pair of Vistas 'which really sound good for the price I paid and all I read is bitching about ML.
I guess Rush is right about Libs are never happy and hate everything.

Cocobob, since it seems to bother you so much, perhaps you should stop by less often. Since you rarely add anything of value to the conversations and usually just try to insult other members, I don't think you will be missed much. Oh, and you are so right about Rush. He never complains about anything. :rolleyes:

Hey guys I am just having a littel fun.I respect your info of ML speakers and have used your advice.It just seems some here take this a littel to serious.So I LIKE TO AD SOME HUMOR.
So many of you think raking the panel foward improves on the sitting position sound.Will try.Thanks

OK.Yeah.Humor is goot.Now might try like you know DOUBLE SPACING after each sentence.You know, so people will read what you write.because this "style" of your is just annoying as hell.Geeze!How many times this gotta be mentione?WTF.Over.

Hey guys I am just having a littel fun.I respect your info of ML speakers and have used your advice.It just seems some here take this a littel to serious.So I LIKE TO AD SOME HUMOR.

Sorry, but trolling is not funny. When you come onto a thread and post nothing about the discussion content of the thread (in this case, electromotions and speaker angle rake), but instead just use your post to diss other members and make a political insult, that is the very definition of a troll. If you continue to exhibit that kind of behavior on this forum, you will be banned. I have seen it happen enough to know that is true.

Statement E3 where are you????
Wish they were ay My place...........:cool:

We'll probably have to wait until the next banking scam that makes everyone think we're no longer in recession and it is spend, spend, spend, time again:) Only then will the E3 be viable.

We might have to wait a while... Paradigm will go for it if they see the $$$. At least, I'd hope so.

1. I need to rake up my Spires to complete vertical, as is recommended here. I tried with the back feet but they came off before the speaker could be fully erect. I now want something to raise the back end enough to make a 0 degree vertical angle. What 'device' would you guys use. And oh ... i can't seem to build and construct anything unfortunately. It took me a long while to tell the difference between a philips and star(?) screw driver. Also, there's a hammer with a metal end and another type with a white, plasticky end(what is it anyways and why?:D)

2. Secondly, i would like to raise my Spires at least a foot of ground so that i may get consistent sound whether sitting or standing. This is very important to me since i loved it when i auditioned the Magnepans as well as the CLX's 57" tall panel.

And yes ....it has to look really nice! What would you recommend since i can't build/construct much at all?

Oops sorry about last post. I have my SL3's perfectly vertical and it really did improve the sound IMO. As soon as I stand up, they sound pretty muffled, but when I sit down the pure , beutiful Krell sound is unleashed through them!

I am still trying raking.I still prefer the stock setup with my vistas.I like the timing better the way they are.The jury is still out on this for me.

I use a rake angle of 1,5 degrees backwards. It gives the best depth of field, tonal balance and timing. I sit about 3 m away, my ears are at 90 cm from the floor.

1. I need to rake up my Spires to complete vertical, as is recommended here. I tried with the back feet but they came off before the speaker could be fully erect. I now want something to raise the back end enough to make a 0 degree vertical angle. What 'device' would you guys use. And oh ... i can't seem to build and construct anything unfortunately. It took me a long while to tell the difference between a philips and star(?) screw driver. Also, there's a hammer with a metal end and another type with a white, plasticky end(what is it anyways and why?:D)

2. Secondly, i would like to raise my Spires at least a foot of ground so that i may get consistent sound whether sitting or standing. This is very important to me since i loved it when i auditioned the Magnepans as well as the CLX's 57" tall panel.

And yes ....it has to look really nice! What would you recommend since i can't build/construct much at all?

Any help, please?

Mapleshade speaker platforms. Should work in the sit position.

PS: Send me a PM with your phone number. I'll try to help.

Last edited:
easiest way to make Spire, Montis vertical is to remove the front post completely. the spike will thread in for about 1 degree of tilt, adjust accordingly. you are essentially lowering the front, not raising the rear. As to raising them, Mapleshade, Home Depot tiles, etc, are out there and work well. With Summt X, remove the middle section for a near vertical orientation.

Gordon ...thank you very much for the offer. Once i'm done moving all my gear into my new AV rack, i'll give you a call. I looked at Mapleucts shade prodyou suggested and they are expensive. I was hoping for something much less under $100.

easiest way to make Spire, Montis vertical is to remove the front post completely. the spike will thread in for about 1 degree of tilt, adjust accordingly. you are essentially lowering the front, not raising the rear. As to raising them, Mapleshade, Home Depot tiles, etc, are out there and work well. With Summt X, remove the middle section for a near vertical orientation.

Good tip Peter. I removed the front posts completely and raised the back one as much as possible. My buble in my level says i'm dead on flat at zero degrees...

I just got these bad boys after listening to them on Magnolia on best buy 2 months ago . I am ULTRA happy , Look at the martin logan setup video to see how to set them up , These speakers cost 2200 but you wont find 6,000 speakers that sound better in my experience. I do recommend a high powered amp though , I bought myself a QSC RMX 1450 I found on craigslist for 250 for one reason. Its able to go down to 2ohm load wich the Martin logans do while playing. I paired it with a Marantz receiver and the Asus Xonar ST/STX sound card and 2 sub-woofers at different cross over points . I use 2 DB boost of 250hz and 1db boost of 16khz for the logans. With the Xonar ST the sound is Tubelike with cheap speaker wire and really cheap 10foot Rca Cables- With Toslink the tube like sound goes away but the midrange increases not sure if thats a good or bad sign. The Electromotions are excellent speakers with minor perks that im willing to live with .

Sounds Great I was wondering about the QSC stuff that can handle 2 ohms, I think its the plx 02 models.Let us know how it goes.

Latest posts

Back