DC Blocker

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

BDH55

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
Here's the latest on my P20 issue... those that have followed this will remember that the last recommendation from PS Audio support was to block the IR port with some electrical tape. Well, it's now been four months and I have not had my P20 lockup once. Of course, I also haven't had remote control use either. I checked back with them to see what I should do next (unit is still under warranty), and was told that I could either remove the tape and just deal with climbing behind my rack and doing a hard reset every time it locks up, OR I could leave the tape in place and just not use my remote. Neither option is a very good option, especially on this class of equipment. Not happy...

BDH55

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
PS Audio finally came up with a solution that I would have never expected...

I received a message from the man himself, Paul McGowan! He was apologetic about the situation we are both stuck in, and fully agreed that I shouldn't have to disable the remote (or reset the unit) to be able to use the P20 in my environment. He also explained the challenges they had in trying to duplicate my problem and resolve it. One of my big questions was how I could also have a P12 located near my P20, and the P12 has worked flawlessly. He explained that the coding is significantly different between the two units so they could not 'just suss out' the differences.

His solution... he offered me a FULL REFUND!!! o_O What company does that??? :unsure:

So now the ball is back in my court. The way I see it, I can either ship my P20 back to them, and come up with another solution for my power conditioning/management, OR... I guess I can just live with the frustration of either no remote, or using my remote and having to go behind my rack to reset it.

For those of you that are now wondering why I would even consider holding on to my P20... two reasons. First, when I installed it and brought my system back up, I really can't think of any other single hardware change we've made that has had as dramatic an impact on our sound. Second, in starting to look at my options, I'm kind of limited as I need a device to hang off a 20A service, and deliver power to a dozen outlets. Also, while I could move to a couple of eight outlet boxes, I want to try to avoid having to re-wire my power cables.

I thought this was a very generous offer out of PS Audio, and I'm going to just have to work thru my options. Thx Paul... it's good to be a part of your 'Hi-Fi Family'... (y)

msimanyi

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
That P20 has an ethernet port on the back. Is it able to respond to an aftermarket remote that sends commands via ethernet?

Edit: I'm guessing no, but thought it might stoke some creative thoughts...

Last edited: