Hello everyone from a new member in Sweden

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mats

Reaction score
Hi
I just found this community and am happy to be able to join. I live in Sweden and have a pair of Aerius from 2002. I listen to everything from Pink Floys and Dare, blues and country like The Blues Band, Tab Bennoit, Ian Seagal and Luke Winslow-King, old-school rock like AC DC, Def Leppard and Quireboys to hard rock like Amaranthe. I appreciate the crystal clear sound of my speakers even with them becoming a bit of a vintage set-up now, but might probably benefit from a subwoofer of some kind for the heavier rock parts.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome

My introduction to Martin Logan was the Aerius way back when.

Really like the varied playlist. Yeah, the eight inch (right?) woofers are fast but not real deep. Other members will have better ideas on subwoofers.

In any event welcome to the ML owners club!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome aboard. Yes, a subwoofer will help with all kinds of music, especially if it has room correction features, such as the ARC on ML Subs.

Hi
I just found this community and am happy to be able to join. I live in Sweden and have a pair of Aerius from 2002. I listen to everything from Pink Floys and Dare, blues and country like The Blues Band, Tab Bennoit, Ian Seagal and Luke Winslow-King, old-school rock like AC DC, Def Leppard and Quireboys to hard rock like Amaranthe. I appreciate the crystal clear sound of my speakers even with them becoming a bit of a vintage set-up now, but might probably benefit from a subwoofer of some kind for the heavier rock parts.
Hello Mats and welcome to this wonderful forum! You will find the most knowledgable and courteous members anywhere. I'm similar in my musical taste and have found the addition of a subwoofer to my previous setup of Vista's to be imperative. Not only will it help with the lower frequencies but you can place it separate from the speakers to fill in the sound. If you can do a pair it's even better. Also Electrostatic's are demanding of current so make sure what ever amp you pair them with has a high current rating. Same with any power conditioner you use. And check out Morrow Audio for cables. Fantastic value imo and made a huge difference in my system. Kind regards, Rob

My son uses the Aerius speakers with a pair of ML Dynamo 300 subs. It sounds great. In fact, it was my system for years before I upgraded!

Welcome and agree with all the previous comments. I had SL3's and a JL Fathom 113 helped a whole lot. Integration is the challenge and ML subs may be easier in that regard. It will definitely take your rock to a new level but also help your overall picture in more nuanced ways.

Back