Custom ML speaker systems

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ages ago (like four months or so) I asked here for advice on building an enclosure for my Quest panels and electronics. I ended up asking a cabinet maker to build them in the material suggested to me (WAF!!!) in such a way that there would be two parts for an easier transport (not that they travel a whole lot). I opted for a conventional design after all and they turned out real nice. Finally, they are up and running - and what a sound field with Quests as front and Sequel II's now as rear speakers in a quadraphonic setup! More than happy!

New project: Somebody gave me two (working) Sequel II panels and I was wondering if someone had a set of electronics for sale, including woofer and / or boxes? If so, let me know.

Oh yes, and in between those projects, one of my CLS II panels decided to go dim again. Jim Power gave me instructions how to remove it and what to check and do - I ended up putting it into the shower and giving it a thorough wash. Now it plays loud and clear again, even sharper than the other one. Another shower orgy pending.

That company does provide a service that many others should adopt. Thank you ML! See the respective post on the forum elsewhere re: ML service, I wholeheartily agree. It makes you want to use their products even more (as if I had not enough ML speakers already).

Arthur

Hate to say it, but...
IMG-Worthless_without.gif

:D

Here we go - the pictures

I almost figured, I need to supply pictures. That turned out not to be so easy. In the daylight, there was too much rear light from the windows, then the sides of the speakers are shiny black paint, a flash bounces back.
So, folks, no advertisement shots here, but an earnest try.

In the end, this photo shooting ended up re-arranging the entire room furniture and made me realize that I have to re-arrange the quadrophonic components as well inside the cabinets. Only a 4 hour job over sunday.

You see a more or less preliminary setup with mainly Marantz vintage equipment using a 4300 receiver as a quad decoder (until my specially rebuilt Sansui 9001 arrives from Quadbob), an Esotec Series SC8 and SM8 to power the Quests with the excellent ST600 tuner and a PM 700 to power the Sequell II's. All driven from pre-out front and rear from the 4300. The turntable is a DUAL 5000, there is a Motorola 8-track vintage player and a Philips 775 CD recorder plus now a TEAC 3440 and a TASCAM 38 rell-to-reel. I hid the Fostex 812 recording console.

Attachments

• ML_Sequel_II-x.jpg
    ML_Sequel_II-x.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 190
  • ML_Quest_links_Seite-x.jpg
    ML_Quest_links_Seite-x.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 169
  • ML_Quest_links-x.jpg
    ML_Quest_links-x.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 164
  • ML_Quest_rechts-x.jpg
    ML_Quest_rechts-x.jpg