Complete System Redo

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Necrosuit

Reaction score
Hey Folks, been awhile since I posted something. I have some general questions for you all. Im selling off (sold) most of my system and am re-vamping. I recently purchased a pair of CLX 25th Anniversarry. I sold my Ayon Triton etc. I have a DK Design MKIII integrated amp and am having that upgraded to an LSA Statement. I am also looking at the Classe M-400 Monos and the Classe CP-700 pre. Has anyone heard either one of these amps/ setup with the CLX? I always liked having some sort of tube presence within my system but have been reading that a bunch of folks push more toward Solid State with the CLX. Also I am vinyl guy and will need the Classe phono stage involved (statement has a good stage built in). And I am looking at some of the Dr. Feickert Turn Tables, any one heard these with the CLX? I know these are personal taste questions but I just like hearing others experiences with gear I might be buying. Thanks in advance!---P

First, congrats on your CLX acquisition! While I have a pair of CLX on order (which will hopefully arrive within the next 2 weeks), I'm afraid I can't offer much feedback from personal experience just yet. Once my CLX land, I will be documenting their performance with PrimaLuna tube gear and will be happy to share impressions with you.

Kevin Deal (Upscale Audio) swears up,down, and sideways that the CLX sings triumphant (my words, not his) with good tube gear. Having said that though, I agree with you that many have mentioned the CLX love lots of juice. I guess it's all a matter of personal taste anyway... as long as the amp has the headroom and is reasonably clean you'll probably find high opinions from every amp-camp (i.e. tube, MOSFET, Bipolar, Hybrid, ICE, etc).

Also, I've gone the hi-bit digital route (I know, for shame)... so can't comment on the spirally black groovy things either.

Cheers

Congrats to you as well! Yes I have been reading your CLX thread, very cool and we are on the same time line for our CLX to arrive!
Please let me know what your Prima Luna's do with the CLX, I am very curious about the Tube Sound with these. I am currently looking at some Pass Labs, Classe m-400's and 600's. Either way I will be getting my DK upgraded to a LSA Statement. I typically listen to more digital (convienience) but I truly love the vinyl sound.

Latest posts

Back