New GaN amplifiers?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macallan

Reaction score
Anyone heard the new GaN amplifier from Peachtree? The Peachtree GaN400 specifically, their website describes the amp as having State-of-the-art GaNFETs (Gallium Nitride Field-Effect Transistors) and it pus out 400 watts per channel for $3K. I am interested in that I would like to see if the new technology is an improvement in transparency. I currently have a B&K 2002.2 class AB amplifier which has been great but I wonder if I am missing out on transparency / sound-staging at all. My system is Apple Lossless > Bluesound Node 2i > Channel islands DAC > Juicy Music Peach II (6h30)> B&K 200.2> ML Ethos + SVS SB3000.

Peachtree will give $750 towards the 3K amp if I trade in the B&K. I bought the amp 20 years ago as a floor model for around the same price. The Peachtree is a more compact design which would be helpful down the road but my main goal would be to increase the transparency and sound staging. My current system sounds great but it can be somewhat soft at times.

Back