Speaker Warm Up

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NolanMenne

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
I am a new owner of a set of Vantages. I just purchased them but they have slight issue that might be normal. When I auditioned them I could tell that there was a notable amplitude difference between the speakers. I brought this up to the seller and he acknowledge it. The speakers were unbelievably dirty so I figure that might be the issue, so we made a deal and I took a chance.
I vacuumed, disassembled and washed them using distilled water. Upon reassembly the issue was better but still there. After about 15 minutes of play back the problem seemed to go away. I then set them up in side and began placement and some listening. They seemed to work great. I checked db levels with pink noise using my phone ( I know its not accurate but I was just looking for a delta) and they were equal. The stage was very good and ridiculously focused center. I then shut down until the next day.
The next day I would experience the same thing. One speaker was lower than the other. Checked with my phone and there was a 3 db difference. Once the system played for a 10 minutes it got better and better until it was perfect. And then the same the next day. So my question is.... Is this normal or have others experienced this?

Thanks for any input,
Nolan

Attachments

• 20230206_132127.jpg
    20230206_132127.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
It is normal for one wearing out! So you are quite lucky for now....

Is the whole panel making uniform but weaker sound, or is it one localized section that's weak? Try massaging or squeezing the sandwich together along the right side where there is a copper strip making connection with the film.

Are you completely powering them off? My CLS's stay powered on continuously. If I have to turn them off, I know it's going to be overnight before the panels are charged.

It is normal for one wearing out! So you are quite lucky for now....

Is the whole panel making uniform but weaker sound, or is it one localized section that's weak? Try massaging or squeezing the sandwich together along the right side where there is a copper strip making connection with the film.
The entire panel is weaker for about 10 minutes.

Thanks.

It may be a PITA--I'm not familiar with that specific model-- but in order to rule out either a panel or a bias supply, you'll have to swap the panels. Panels have gotten expensive, and you don't want to order new ones unless you're really sure. If not the panel, could be the circuitry that switches between standby and working bias.

Latest posts

Back