Coming to America!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well
Its three weeks into our American adventure and what an amazing time we are having.

Yes, we caught up with Tom and Kerry and had a fabulous time. Those summits are things of beauty and sound sublime.
The funny thing was that when we got to Tom's place we were having so much fun chatting away we actually didn't get that much dedicated listening time in.

Well 3 weeks, 3000 miles driving we have seen a lot among other things:
Grand Canyon: WOW!!!!
Sedona: Beautiful!!
Bryce Canyon: amazing!!
Zion Nat Park: overwhelming!!
Yosemite: Beautiful!!!
Moab/Southern Utah: Beyond words!!
San Francisco: Soo much fun!!!!
Las Vegas: Disneyland for Grownups
New York: The ultimate City!!!
Los Angeles: Well..... you can’t love everything can you :) That might be unfair as we were still jetlagged.

Pretty much everyone we have met have been great, polite and helpful.
We are in NY atm the moment and we are enjoying it so much, we intend to stay here for the rest of our trip...another 10 days.

We are are also looking forward to catching up with Tom and Kerry again while here.

Funny thing, we have been so busy I have not been into a single HiFi store.

Last edited:
Frank, glad to hear you guys are having a great time here in the States. Sorry you couldn't come to Colorado (maybe next time?), but glad to hear that you got to swing through Moab. That's one spooky spiritual place when you get out into the canyons. As a mountain biker it's pretty much my Disneyland!

Did you think San Francisco was like Sydney? A lot of people say that, but I didn't get that feeling when I was there at all.......it's got a harbour, yes, but that's where the similarity ended for me......Still a great city though!

Alternatively, anyone from SFO that has been to Sydney and seen a likeness? - Tom?

I'm in Sydney for a few days at the moment - can't wait to get back to Queensland!

Last edited:
Amey

To me San Francisco is the most "Australian like" city ive seen in the US. It certainly shares the harbour city vibe and visual beauty of Sydney. However to me it also has a lot in common with Melbourne in the feel of the place. Ie lots of cool restaurants/bars and good coffee.

If I ever chose to move to the US, SF would probably be first on my list. Although we are having a LOT of fun in New York atm.

Amey

To me San Francisco is the most "Australian like" city ive seen in the US. It certainly shares the harbour city vibe and visual beauty of Sydney. However to me it also has a lot in common with Melbourne in the feel of the place. Ie lots of cool restaurants/bars and good coffee.

If I ever chose to move to the US, SF would probably be first on my list. Although we are having a LOT of fun in New York atm.

Maybe it was just the time I was there then. It was late September, rather foggy, cloudy and freezing cold on the weather front.

Well coming to America (Part 2)

After having such a wonderful time last year in the US, we have decided to return to the USA in September/October and continue our exploration of that wonderful country.

Our itinerary planning is only just started, although the wife has dictated that long distance driving must be minimised. (3500+ miles across California, Nevada, Utah and Arizona in 2 weeks was a bit much for her)

So this time more flying, less driving.

Initial plans are:

• San Francisco again: HI TOM :)

• Washington DC

• New York again: The poor wife got a really bad flu there so she spent most of the time there in bed , so she wants to get to see the place properly.

• Raleigh: North Carolina (Friend's Wedding)

Denver Colorado (Rockies and Rocky Mountain Audio Fest)
    New Orleans
Of course I am open so any suggestions.

Last edited:
NIce to hear that you enjoyed your last visit to our great country. I plan in the not too distant future to visit Australia. Be sure to giuve yourself enough time when visiting DC there is so much to see there one of my favorite places is the Bureau of printing and engraving seeing the printing of our currency is quite facinating. and you can get cool stuff at the gift shop.

I will be at RMAF so will have to be sure to get together

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 79
Frank, October is the best time of year for the D.C. area. Be sure to check out Mt. Vernon to take a break from all the museums. Oh, and wear comfortable walking shoes! Also, 70 miles to the west is Skyline Drive. Hope to see you at RMAF, I hope there is a group of us going there, I know I'll be there.

Last edited:
Don't forget Canada!

May I be so bold as to suggest a side trip to Canada while you're in North America? If you like mountains and lakes, BC is a beautiful place!

Latest posts

Back