Center channel idea

MartinLogan Owners (MLO)

Help Support MartinLogan Owners (MLO):

Anthony A.

Reaction score
i recently heard the theater i in a dedicated theater and was not all that impresses. low level volumes lacked in the particular setup, even using a krell amp. what i though is to use say a pair of scripts horizontally as a center channel powering it with either 2 separate channels or using 1 channel bi-wired (each run goes to each speaker). is this a bad idea? will the performance be any better... since i love vocals in 2 channel mode. any suggestions? thanks everyone.

garmtz

Reaction score
Most of the times, the center channel is very badly set up... The dispersion of the Theater is superior of that of two Scripts, because of its tweeter array. I would not go the route of double Scripts.

B

Bonedust

just because it had krell power on it doesnt mean the center is a bad choice. i have a theater i with an fbp350mcx on it and the sound is stunning.

i experimented with the script center idea about a year ago. heres what i found:

1. the sound was very good, but EXTREMELY localized....like unless u sat dead center in the room, the results were poor.

2. the 2 panels put so close together seemed to have a back wave phase problem. i even tried a damping panel on the back sides...still heard a 'hole' in the sound.

hope that helps, but dont give up faith in the Theater yet...have a listen some place else.

Anthony A.

Reaction score
actually, i like krell amps very much so i was surprised that it didn't sound good. that was what i meant in my original post. if you tried the script idea already, then i will drop the idea completely. thanks for your experience.

K

Kevin

The theater i is a poor performing speaker which caused my to trade it in. The best thing for ML to do is use an ascent i panel and go from there.

B

Bonedust

Kevin said:
The theater i is a poor performing speaker which caused my to trade it in. The best thing for ML to do is use an ascent i panel and go from there.
it may have been poor for your application. however, it is far from poor.

K

Kevin

it may have been poor for your application. however, it is far from poor.
In a home theater system 80% of the signal is sent to the center channel. With that much demand being put on the center channel the theater i did not perform to the ML standard of performance. So I went out and purchased a Mcintosh XR27 which does the job perfectly.

Latest posts