Center channel idea

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony A.

Reaction score
i recently heard the theater i in a dedicated theater and was not all that impresses. low level volumes lacked in the particular setup, even using a krell amp. what i though is to use say a pair of scripts horizontally as a center channel powering it with either 2 separate channels or using 1 channel bi-wired (each run goes to each speaker). is this a bad idea? will the performance be any better... since i love vocals in 2 channel mode. any suggestions? thanks everyone.

Most of the times, the center channel is very badly set up... The dispersion of the Theater is superior of that of two Scripts, because of its tweeter array. I would not go the route of double Scripts.

just because it had krell power on it doesnt mean the center is a bad choice. i have a theater i with an fbp350mcx on it and the sound is stunning.

i experimented with the script center idea about a year ago. heres what i found:

1. the sound was very good, but EXTREMELY localized....like unless u sat dead center in the room, the results were poor.

2. the 2 panels put so close together seemed to have a back wave phase problem. i even tried a damping panel on the back sides...still heard a 'hole' in the sound.

hope that helps, but dont give up faith in the Theater yet...have a listen some place else.

actually, i like krell amps very much so i was surprised that it didn't sound good. that was what i meant in my original post. if you tried the script idea already, then i will drop the idea completely. thanks for your experience.

The theater i is a poor performing speaker which caused my to trade it in. The best thing for ML to do is use an ascent i panel and go from there.

Kevin said:
The theater i is a poor performing speaker which caused my to trade it in. The best thing for ML to do is use an ascent i panel and go from there.

it may have been poor for your application. however, it is far from poor.

it may have been poor for your application. however, it is far from poor.

In a home theater system 80% of the signal is sent to the center channel. With that much demand being put on the center channel the theater i did not perform to the ML standard of performance. So I went out and purchased a Mcintosh XR27 which does the job perfectly.

Back