By The Numbers - Why the HD DVD/Blu-Ray War Is Over.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool...I've been using Hollywood Videos and considering switching over to Blockbuster. Now I have more reason to do so. Now I'm interested in a high def DVD player but it will be a universal model. Any recommendations?

I would say get Samsung's soon to be released Samsung BDP-UP5000. It will have HDMI ver. 1.3 and is supposed to be able to have 24 fps capability. Also will have built in decoding for Dolby TrueHD.

Seth

Double-sided Warner Bros. Hi-Def DVD Delayed - Warner Bros. alleged solution to the current hi-def battle of Blu-ray vs. HD DVD - dubbed Total HD - will not be rolled out late this year as original promised. The first discs - which feature one of the new formats on one side and the other on the opposing side - are now expected in early 2008, according to the studio's VP of sales and planning. Some industry observers are asking if more expensive discs with both hi-def formats unified on it are really necessary now considering the way Blu-ray has been pulling ahead of HD DVD in sales.

Blu-ray Disc Promotion - Seven of the major Hollywood studios and six top consumer electronics manufacturers have announced the launch of the Blu-ray Disc Promotion beginning July 1 thru September 30. Purchasers of a qualifying Blu-ray player during that period will have their choice of five free Blu-ray discs from a list of 21 popular titles. The Blu-ray technology has become a leader in the hi-def marketplace with support from over 170 companies spanning consumer electronics, computers, music, gaming and movie studios.

Back