Binding posts

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patlad

Reaction score
What binding posts do you connect to in case of using a single wire speaker?
Does it make any difference if connecting to the low or the high?

Until now I was connecting to the high until this question crossed my mind. So I changed to connect to the low. I'm not sure I can hear any difference. Maybe the bass seems better but not really sure.

Have you experienced this area? Any thought? Comments?

Thanks

P.S. Actually I made my own jumpers from Kimber and WBT.

I connected my home theater B&W's to the high, too - but I think that one needs $100'000 equipment to really hear any difference...we're both feet over the boundary and in voodoo land, here. Joeyitis, first stage.

Last edited:
As was explained to me: If your jumpers make a difference then it's best to connect to the high side. The theory being that your ears are more sensitive to the mids and highs than they are the lows.

You may not even notice a difference unless your jumpers are not very good. If changing terminals does makes a noticeable difference then you should probably upgrade your jumpers and/or cables or consider using a good quality bi-wire speaker cable.

I was told the same regarding mids and highs. So I generally connect to the highs.
Actually I'm trying with the cable connected to the lows but I cannot hear any difference in sound to be honest.

My speaker cables and jumpers are quite good so this confirm what you say.

Back