bi-wiring aeons

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neo

Reaction score
Is there any point in bi-wiring Aeon i's? Is there a noticeable difference?
I have them in a home theater setup, but still primary stereo listening as well.

Is there any point in bi-wiring Aeon i's? Is there a noticeable difference?
I have them in a home theater setup, but still primary stereo listening as well.

Hola Neo...well it all depends of your liking. Some here are going to say: don´t, and others will recommend it. IMHO, perhaps, you would like it. I do. I think that double cable means less resistance for the signal applied to the speakers from the amp, specially for long runs. 10 feet you will notice the difference, even in loudness...in other words, your volume knob would be let´s say at 9 o´clock position, while a single wire would be at 10 o´clock in a 14 gauge wire for the same SPL. Also there is a Theorem by Kepler that says more or less that a signal applied to a crossover, will have a rejected signal about 1.33 meters of length...In a speakers like yours, the effect that I had was better bass control and more open mid-range and highs...overall, an improved sound. Trust your ears, and choose the one that you like most...happy listening,
Roberto.

Latest posts

Back