Are MartinLogan centers, "ElectroMotion ESL C" and "Motion 30", magnetically shielded?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan2024

Reaction score
Hi, All,

I am in the process of getting two Martin Logan centers, "ElectroMotion ESL C" and "Motion 30", for two in-house Home Theater setups. One of the two centers will be placed in a cabinet under a SONY CRT HDTV (KD-34XBR960).

The question is: Are these two MartinLogan centers, "ElectroMotion ESL C" and "Motion 30", magnetically shielded?

Tried to call Martin Logan support line (785-749-0133), but wasn't able to reach anyone. Email sent to MartinLogan support ([email protected]) was bounced back. By the way, what is the correct email address to reach Martin Logan Tech support?

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Hiya. Fully understand the concern, and I'm assuming you have a built-in type scenario going on with the KD-34XBR960...
BUT (gotta be one, right?!), if you're spending fairly serious coin on a center channel, find a TV that physically fits your environment. Even the nastiest $150 TCL or Westinghouse (never mind Samsung, LG Sony, et al) will outperform the venerable KD-34XBR960 these days, get you full HD or 4K. I believe LCD, OLED and pretty much any flat panel displays these days are not susceptible to EM-based interference.

Just my $0.02

Hiya. Fully understand the concern, and I'm assuming you have a built-in type scenario going on with the KD-34XBR960...
BUT (gotta be one, right?!), if you're spending fairly serious coin on a center channel, find a TV that physically fits your environment. Even the nastiest $150 TCL or Westinghouse (never mind Samsung, LG Sony, et al) will outperform the venerable KD-34XBR960 these days, get you full HD or 4K. I believe LCD, OLED and pretty much any flat panel displays these days are not susceptible to EM-based interference.

Just my $0.02
Hi, Thanks for the reply.

I have Home Theater setups for three rooms: living room, media room, and study (library).

I do have large OLED TVs for both living room and Media Room. SONY 34" CRT HDTV (KD-34XBR960) is for my study (library) only.

My Home Theater setups are not typical among my friends, colleagues and neighbors here. The current project involves only media room and study (library).

For media room, I have a 4.0 setup, imitating a 5.1 system. I have four Martin Logan ESL electrostatic speakers as front Left, front right, surround left, and surround right, with a phantom center. No dedicated subwoofer, but four 8" subwoofers from four ESL speakers are evenly distributed in the room. I am generally happy with such a pure electrostatic soundstage.

For the study (library), I have a 'Sony 34" CRT HDTV (KD-34XBR960)' dedicated to viewing blu-rays (1080p), and a 'Sony 20" CRT WEGA KV20FS120' dedicated to viewing DVDs (480p).

Blu-rays (1080p) on 'Sony KD-34XBR960' look better than that upscaled on a 65" 4K OLED.

DVDs (480p) look better on 'Sony 20" CRT KV20FS120' than on any other modern displays.

Last edited:
Hi, All,

I am in the process of getting two Martin Logan centers, "ElectroMotion ESL C" and "Motion 30", for two in-house Home Theater setups. One of the two centers will be placed in a cabinet under a SONY CRT HDTV (KD-34XBR960).

The question is: Are these two MartinLogan centers, "ElectroMotion ESL C" and "Motion 30", magnetically shielded?

Tried to call Martin Logan support line (785-749-0133), but wasn't able to reach anyone. Email sent to MartinLogan support ([email protected]) was bounced back. By the way, what is the correct email address to reach Martin Logan Tech support?

Thanks for any help.
The MartinLogan centers, "ElectroMotion ESL C" and "Motion 30," are magnetically shielded, so they shouldn't mess with your CRT TV. Sorry you had trouble reaching MartinLogan support. For tech support, try [email protected].

Back