Arrivederci, Logans!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ralflar

Reaction score
Before the week is over my Logans and I will go our separate ways. I have loved every minute with them but the time to move on has come.

Men in blue coveralls will come to my place end of next week, box them up and send them away. Far away. To Italy. More precisely, to Milan.

Because that is were I'm moving. It will be weeks before my music arrives there :(.

Once I'm there, and reunited with my Logans, should I change my moniker to "Milano", adopting the name of the place like Radu did? ;)

Before the week is over my Logans and I will go our separate ways. I have loved every minute with them but the time to move on has come.

Men in blue coveralls will come to my place end of next week, box them up and send them away. Far away. To Italy. More precisely, to Milan.

Because that is were I'm moving. It will be weeks before my music arrives there :(.

Once I'm there, and reunited with my Logans, should I change my moniker to "Milano", adopting the name of the place like Radu did? ;)

Good bye, sweet sweet Vantages....

Wow, for a minute there I thought you had gone to the dark side Ralf!

Phew... hey, since you're heading over there you should try and touch base with Radu. He's one of the nicest folks I've ever met, a true gentleman. Lugano is barely over an hours train ride from Milan, and a spectacularly beautiful place.

What is taking you to Milan? Perhaps one day I'll see you over there as well.

Tim,

> Wow, for a minute there I thought you had gone to the dark side Ralf!

Let me tell you that it was 100% intentional :D.

I contacted Radu soon after my manager @ work asked me "so, when are you moving to Milan". (That was weeks ago. Personnel departments don't always work fast.) We had a great chat on the phone. It is possible that I will hear his CLS sooner than my own Vantages!

When work or leisure takes you to Milan again don't forget to send PM so we can arrange to meet.

George, I'm in software development. The only thing that my job has in common with the military is that my employer transfers me every few years. My assignment in Houston lasted for almost six years which is unusually long. I had a great time though and would gladly come back in a few years. On the other hand: Italy, Italy! - I'm sure life will be good there.

George, I'm in software development. The only thing that my job has in common with the military is that my employer transfers me every few years. My assignment in Houston lasted for almost six years which is unusually long. I had a great time though and would gladly come back in a few years. On the other hand: Italy, Italy! - I'm sure life will be good there.

Gee, sounds like I've Been Moved.

Well "Milano", you sure had me going there for a bit ;)

You'll enjoy (and be challenged by) Europe. It's a great experience to live overseas, everyone should do a year or two tour just to get a different perspective.

Sort of like listening to other speakers and determining if what you have is what you really want.

Have a safe trip.

I think if my employer sent me to Milan I'd be looking elsewhere for work... When they asked me to leave Milan, that is.

*jealous*

Houston to Milan sounds like a sweet deal to me!
Overall I think so, too. My family and friends certainly think so. It looks like I'll have guests frequently as well as frequent guests; need to rent a big place.

Jonathan, thanks for the good wishes. I'll fly out of here Saturday morning, arriving Sunday morning. So I'll have most of Sunday for exploration.

It will be nice and in some ways awkward to be back in Europe. Nice because I'm going back and will be much closer to family and old friends.

Awkward because I will have visitors all the time since I will be so much closer to family and old friends.

Alright, let's delete that last sentence and try it again ;).

Awkward because I will miss the space around me, amongst other things. I like Texas, even Houston. It is a good place to live.

It sounds like you've been an Expat yourself. May I ask where?

I think if my employer sent me to Milan I'd be looking elsewhere for work... When they asked me to leave Milan, that is.

*jealous*
Thanks, mate. I do hope to be returning to the US in a few years, though. My italian experience may change that plan, of course. Who can foretell the future after all?

It sounds like you've been an Expat yourself. May I ask where?

I was born and raised in Costa Rica to US expats, and lived for two years in Strasbourg France as a kid (and therefore picked up French). My wife (whom I met in CR) is French, so we hit the continent every other year to visit her family in Paris.

Otherwise, we go to Costa Rica to visit my folks (who never returned to the US).

I tell ya, life is tough when those are your choices for vacation spots ;)

I've been in the US permanently since '84, but wouldn't mind a work assignment in the Netherlands or Scandinavia. A couple of years ago, I was commuting to London every other week for about two years, that’s a great town as well.

Bon voyage!

France or Costa Rica, you're right, it is a tough choice. Both good though. :)

As for Scandinavia, I hope you enjoy skying by night! I lived in Norway for a while. The country is gorgeous when the weather is good in summer. I could not stand the long dark winters.

The movers are here. They are taking my Logans away. Soon they will also want to pack my computer. After that internet access will be sporadic.

Milano,

Soon.. we'll see you less and less online? Arrivederci!

Joey

Naaah.... untrue. No arrivederci, just a see you soon. I'll take care.

If Ralflar is less online, it's only because he's listening to more music out of Logans, his or mine :)

Or... we're preparing a grill for Tim, waiting for his plane to land :)

Last edited:
Back