My Babies are in!!!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your excitement is contagious, I'm excited too!

Re break-in, mine sounded amazing right away also. The difference between first hour and 130 hours was mainly just some glaring sounds which went away with more hours.
Did you run ARC before, during or after break-in?

Did you run ARC before, during or after break-in?
I first ran ARC at 50 hours, then again at 100 hours, and again at about 200 hours. Not much difference between the three. I think it's good to get at least some hours on the woofers to get them "loosened" up a bit before running ARC, but after 40, 50, 60 hours I think it's kinda difficult to point to a any particular difference in REW sweeps.

I first ran ARC at 50 hours, then again at 100 hours, and again at about 200 hours. Not much difference between the three. I think it's good to get at least some hours on the woofers to get them "loosened" up a bit before running ARC, but after 40, 50, 60 hours I think it's kinda difficult to point to a any particular difference in REW sweeps.
Cool makes sense. "Just for break-in" I set them to "large/full-range" (in my receiver) to send more LFE to the 11A's versus the subs. They're roughly 50hrs in so I may give it another week or so before running ARC #1.

I can’t speak to how much my ARC graphs changed throughout the break in, but be prepared to run it several times if you are playing around with the position of the speakers. Even a change of a few inches side to side or front to back can change the bass response enough that you should re-run ARC.

Maybe I’m strange, but I ran ARC at 1 hour, ~75 hours and about 200 hours. Not huge differences.
I wouldn't doubt it. The bass response out of the box is already pretty good but I can tell it needs dialing in. Luckily we don't need to worry about the stats with ARC.

Maybe I’m strange, but I ran ARC at 1 hour, ~75 hours and about 200 hours. Not huge differences.
Yes, this can and does happen... in fact pretty much the same in my case. When I bought the CLX's in Sept 2018, I used them without a sub until this year around Aug/Sept. Only after I installed the BF210, which was already calibrated towards the Masterpiece hybrid series at the dealer's store, I ran ARC once. I didn't notice any significant changes but certainly subtle ones that were quite positive. Only after about the 150 - 200hr mark, the LF really began to open up, with more layering and a higher level of resolution. Then on a final round, I ran ARC again and it proved to be more effective.

However, it doesn't take into account everything located in your living room or whatever room your system is located in. For ex. sofas, or book shelves, glass top dinning tables, and hall ways, in my case... that needed attention. So ARC can't cover it all. At the end of the day, you have to fine tune & adjust the controls on your subs to arrive at accurate settings and the best possible sub - panel integration that "you" prefer on your favorite recordings. Once you've found the ideal settings, just leave it! Otherwise you'll be adjusting till the cows come home... woof!

RJ

Yes, this can and does happen... in fact pretty much the same in my case. When I bought the CLX's in Sept 2018, I used them without a sub until this year around Aug/Sept. Only after I installed the BF210, which was already calibrated towards the Masterpiece hybrid series at the dealer's store, I ran ARC once. I didn't notice any significant changes but certainly subtle ones that were quite positive. Only after about the 150 - 200hr mark, the LF really began to open up, with more layering and a higher level of resolution. Then on a final round, I ran ARC again and it proved to be more effective.

However, it doesn't take into account everything located in your living room or whatever room your system is located in. For ex. sofas, or book shelves, glass top dinning tables, and hall ways, in my case... that needed attention. So ARC can't cover it all. At the end of the day, you have to fine tune & adjust the controls on your subs to arrive at accurate settings and the best possible sub - panel integration that "you" prefer on your favorite recordings. Once you've found the ideal settings, just leave it! Otherwise you'll be adjusting till the cows come home... woof!

RJ
Good stuff

Latest posts

Back