Anyone using Palm OS?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yang1815

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, I've used numerous Palm OS PDA/Pocket PCs way back in the days (B&W ones...) and now I have a Palm Treo 700p on the way since I would like to have a full QWERTY keyboard for a cell phone + PDA functions.

Anyways, long story short, I've been out of the scene for awhile now and I would like some feedback/suggestions/comments on what programs you use on your Palm that's a "must-get"? I don't need navigation and probably no chatting/multi-media either. I would probably like any functional improvement programs and maybe some games/remote control. Let the list grow and I thank you for your contribution in advance!

I don't know if you are serious about food (I am), but one thing I found very useful when I was travelling a lot was the Zagat restaurant guide.

Absolute must haves, both actively and passivly used on my 650:
VolumeCare
Butler
eReader
Documents To Go
PalmeryClock

A nice elective is Almond by www.rogame.com . It is a dictionary of musical terminology.

I have a Mapopolis GPS software expansion card if you're interested.... worked great with my bluetooth gps receiver that I just put on fleabay..

I've had PDA's with the Palm OS on it before, and I found it to be quite good. However, I decided to pick up the Treo 750 instead of the 700 because it uses the Windows Mobile instead of the Palm OS. I'm very happy with it.

I'm a longtime Palm OS user, ever since the original Palm Pilot, currently using a Treo 755p. As for "best apps" it depends on what your needs are. I suggest surfing over to Treocentral.com, where there are forum sections for every Treo, whether it be Palm OS or Win Mobile.

A great $15 app is "Card Export" which turns your phone into a card reader. Drag and drop from your hard drive to the SD card to your heart's content. Makes moving .mp3s a cinch.

Also - I 2nd the vote for Palmary Clock - Pretty inexpensive and has a nice "Time Calc" function that shows 4 worldwide time zones at a glance.

Latest posts

Back