Roon filters

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad225

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
I have been looking at all of the usual forums for comments on the Roon upgrades.

On WBF a member named Christoph mentioned in one of his posts that he had improvement in the sound by deleting filters and functions even though they were shown as disabled.

I figured it couldn't hurt to try. I deleted 2 filters and a volume control that was disabled in the program.

At the time I decided to do this I had just started to listen to Shelby Lynn's version of Just A Little Lovin. I stopped the play and did the deletion.
I restarted the song that is also the album name. The song begins with drum stick hitting the rim of the snare drum. The drum sound was always located at the left side of right speaker.
With the change you would hear the stick on the rim but now it faded away as an echo of the studio all the way to the outside of the left speaker. It was so much different that I restarted the song 3 or 4 times.
As the song continued the entire sound stage was wider and deeper without taking away the instrument placement across the entire stage. Though it is a comment that seems to get worn out, the entire sound was cleaner and quieter. I was stunned by the change, that made no sense to me.
Anything I played kept the same change. Larger, deeper and clearer.

In the discussion on the forum, some liked the change on Roon, some didn't. There was debate why some equipment changed and others didn't. It seemed that streamers that came with Roon installed improved more than those that didn't.

Any way. To do the delete the disabled items it is as follows.

In the lower right corner click on the speaker icon.
A small choice just above it will open.
Click on the DSP icon.
A window will open.
On the left side of the new page the list of enabled and disabled filters and items will be listed.
Click on each disabled item and it will open on the right side of the page.
There is an x that says remove.
Click on that.
Do that for all that you want to remove.

If you decide that you want the filter back you can add them back on the left side of the page you first clicked on.

My SonicTransporter came with Roon and HQ Player installed. I currently use only Roon settings.

Give it a try. There is nothing to lose. I still don't understand other the disabled programs still filtered into the circuit.

Back