Amp for Vista with Pioneer Elite SC-05

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dublin25

Reaction score
What is a good middle of the road amp to drive my Vista's using the pre-out on my Pioneer SC-05? Looking to spend $1000-$2500. Was considering B&K 200.7 (new), Krell 2250 (used), Adcom 5800 (used). Not a complete audiophile here - just want something that will power the Vista's better for 2 and 3 channel audio - not for home theater. Thanks!

find a used class a/b 2x200 watt rotel rb-1080 stereo amp they will sound great in my opinion this will buy you some time to save for some better separates

Attachments

• rb1080_front.jpg
    rb1080_front.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:
You need something that runs cool, has tons of current, and the ability to tailor the sound to your liking. The Sunfire Signature 600x2 is an awesome amp, and into 4 ohms it will push nearly 1000wpc, and can often be had for under $2000. For under $1500, you can often get the less powerful version, the Sunfire 300x2.

Both of these amps are out of production, but there is a vigorous used market, and if you are patient, you can often get killer deals...

Attachments

• sunfire600x2.jpg
    sunfire600x2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:
The B&K REF200.7 is a good amp but would be a bit of a waste since it is a 7ch amp.
The Parasound Halo amps are nice. I don't have pricing in front of me but I think they have a A21 125x2 @8ohms for around $1k and the A23 250x2 @ 8ohms for $2k. Both are great, well designed amps within your budget. I've used the A23 with the Spire and it had plenty of clean power.

You need something that runs cool, has tons of current, and the ability to tailor the sound to your liking. The Sunfire Signature 600x2 is an awesome amp, and into 4 ohms it will push nearly 1000wpc, and can often be had for under $2000. For under $1500, you can often get the less powerful version, the Sunfire 300x2.

Both of these amps are out of production, but there is a vigorous used market, and if you are patient, you can often get killer deals...

never heard the bob carver but seems to be a favorite around here the look would probably blend well with your pioneer it seems to have tons of power. I only suggested the rotel becuase it is really pretty cheap for the power and thx ultra if that means anything as one day you may want something like a Pass or Krell as I do and it seems silly to spend a lot know if you are going to get real crazy one day that's just my 2cents on it.

Last edited:
Amp for Vista...

Thanks for the responses... I actually meant to say the B&K 200.2, not the 200.7. I do like the Rotel - been around for awhile - seems to be a good bang for the buck. I want something middle of the row good, so that in the future if I get a seperate preamp/processor - the amp I buy today will be ok to go along with it. I am willing to spend upwards of $2500 for 2 channel amp - so whatever in that price range is ok - used or new. I liked Adcom years ago - but they seem much more commercial now, and not sure they are as good as they used to be.

I am willing to spend upwards of $2500 for 2 channel amp - so whatever in that price range is ok - used or new.

Plinius ...SA-102, while not the "bang for the Buck" of the Sunfire or Rotel and it would fall at the upper end of your budget, it would IMO be a super choice, exceeding the former two in all things musical !....and I just might know where one would be for sale !

If your budget is $2500, look a used Pass X250, you can pick up a used one on Agon for $2350-2500. It pairs great with the Vista's! It'll drive any speaker!

Back