Joining family , ML lover from Chicago

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

datka

Reaction score
Hi Joining family of ML finally got to the point where my system is 90% completed
I'm 40 with 3 kids so it always hard to justify spending for my hobby.

I use my system in 60% Music and 40% home theater, in Chicago I highly recommend my dealer and friend Albert ,

I seriously started building my system about 4 years ago and my journey started with

1 .SB Acoustic bookshelf speakers called " SB Acoustics Ara Speaker Kit"
2 next went with Klipshch REF 7III good speaker but more for home theater than music
3. Focal Sopra 2 in red finish . Beautiful build and sounding speaker very sexy looking I think for the money ( under 10 k ) it was one of the best sounding.
4 finally discovered Marin Logan sound and was amazed how realistic it sounded and sound came from everywhere I was shocked and could not listen to anything else . Ended up with ESL 15 A speakers for my front main speakers

The idea of built in DSP controlled amplifiers for bottom section is just brilliant, with ML / anthem would expend its capabilities ,
I found that I need to keep speakers good 5-6 ft off the wall , that's where magic happens ,

All my center and surround speakers are electostatats , on the sides I'm using ML Vista and back I'm using ML Vantage, Center is ML C18 really really good center ...
SVS PB 4000 sub

Electronics for HT include
Anthem Processor AVM-60
Chord DAVE DAC ( modified removed internal switched power and replaced with 3 external linear power lines needed for DAVE " +15v , -15v and +5v" , this elevated Chord Dave to another level completely
Optical Rendu as a streamer , ( Fiber Optic isolation from Ethernet network
Roon Core running on Intel NUC based pc with fanless case ...!
For Front Speakers Luxman and Luxman preamp
For Center and Surrounds Paradound A51
Power output: 250 watts RMS x 5 continuous, 20 Hz - 20 kHz at 8 ohms; 400 watts RMS x 5

For Atmos I'm using klipsh on wall speakers powered by

Parasound A52
180 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.05% THD with 5 channels driven
255 watts x 5 into 4 ohms

If anything from the tweaks I found Clean Power to be critical for my system including usage of hi quality power cables , cables from power distribution to the wall and in some cases usage of Power Conditioners ( Audioquest Niagara 1200)

Epson 5050 projector with Blackdiamond 120" screen from screen innovations ...

I will be posting pictures in the system forum...
I'm still tweeting my system but I think I'm done purchasing most of the equipment just need to mix and match cabling , big fan of Audience SX line , have RCA from Chord Dave to preamp need another one from Preamp to the Amp

There are a lot of other speakers that probably do things better than ML but ML for me does something special that I can't explain

Back