WHAT IS THIS PLEASE?!? I can't find any information about this for the life of me

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
PXL_20230106_223038278.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230106_222606284.jpg
    PXL_20230106_222606284.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
It's the legacy Motif center... Motif

I still use one, and still think it's great. I don't have room for the newer (and larger) models.

One of my biggest pet peeves on this World Wide Web is when I'm searching something, I land on a forum such as this one, someone poses the question, and someone replies something to the effect of "I know, but I'm not telling, because you're too lazy to Google it yourself". Most likely the answer is out there somewhere, but if it happens to be the first place my search engine lands me it's infuriating!

Such querries and replies become a more or less permanent fixture on the WWW, which is a good reason, other than common courtesy, for just posting the answer, if you know it. Also a good reason, other than ego, for correcting something if it's obvously wrong.

The whole thing confuses me. Is this his speaker he came into possession of and hes not sure exactly what it is? Maybe he doesnt have the power supply for it any longer and needs to find it?

Last edited:
One of my biggest pet peeves

Well, one of my pet peeves is just repeating basic things. That doesn't make for a very welcoming or interesting forum.

Edifying discourse, debate and challenging one's prejudices.........YES.

Telling someone that a picture that shows "Martin Logan Motif" is, well......a Martin Logan Motif ........ not so much.

Welcome!
Have you not used it yet?

Welcome!
Have you not used it yet?
Hi, thank you.
I was having difficulty finding the power supply and then got super busy and... no. I have not 😬
and it definitely drives me pretty f'n crazy at times because, to be completely honest (and this might give me stabbed around this joint), I don't believe I've ever heard a Martin Logan before. If I did, I didn't know that's what I was hearing

Hi, thank you.
I was having difficulty finding the power supply and then got super busy and... no. I have not 😬
and it definitely drives me pretty f'n crazy at times because, to be completely honest (and this might give me stabbed around this joint), I don't believe I've ever heard a Martin Logan before. If I did, I didn't know that's what I was hearing
The Motif manual, see Motif, shows it needs a 15 to 19vDC @0.5A power supply with the appropriate end.

It's a fairly common supply, I found one in my box of old power supplies. If anyone else has purchased a thrid-party one, please post a link.

The Motif manual, see Motif, shows it needs a 15 to 19vDC @0.5A power supply with the appropriate end.

It's a fairly common supply, I found one in my box of old power supplies. If anyone else has purchased a thrid-party one, please post a link.
Thank you!

Hi, thank you.
You might want to email Martin Logan service and ask them what you should use. The manual says that it is relative to your country of origin as well. I see youre in the US, so thats easy. They will tell you what to get. They might even have some they can sell you direct. If I remember right, the guy;s name is Roger at Martin Logan. Im bad with names though, so i could be wrong. The service email is on their website somewhere.

I just noticed that it says 15v to 18v on the back of the speaker in his picture, i didnt even notice that at first!

Hola, two questions might me asked here:
1) The need of an external power supply of minim of DC 15V and maximum DC 18V. MartinLogan speakers require power to energize their electrostatic panels. Using the power cords provided, plug first to the power in receptacle on the rear panel of the speaker, making sure that you have made a firm connection, and then to the wall outlet

2) Motif features a unique ‘on-wall/off-wall’ switch that tailors acoustic equalization to either installation option. Simply set this switch to On-Wall if mounting to a surface. Set the switch to Off-Wall if the Motif is more than four inches from a wall. Setting this switch ensures that you will achieve total system matching in even the most diverse setups (such as systems mixing on-wall and off-wall instal- lations).

You could get something that will work at McMaster Carr all day long. I attached a screen shot. I have done this many times before. If you can't measure the diameter of the center pin, you could just buy both the 2MM & 2.5MM Either keep them both or return the unused one. $15.00 might not be worth the return hassle or time. The tricky thing is the Polarity. 95% of devices have the center pin Positive. I have been given many defective devices in the past that were damaged by people assuming the center pic is Positive. Sony was/is famous for having the center pin Negative and the outside barrel Positive. I am assuming the the center pin in your pic has a red dot on it making the pin Positive.
Good luckML Power Supply.png

Hola Chicos,

First thing, you can buy the needed AC adapters from Martin Logan service dept. ([email protected]). Just tell them the model of your speaker and that's it.

Second, you can use your MC to pay the bill with Martin Logan too.

You play safe buying the needed parts from Martin Logan.
Happy listening!

Has anyone here happened to have noticed the serial #? And does that mean anything special?

I'd say it's possible it was made in 2011-January- first one that month of production.

Look at the preceding letters. Search for a decoder. I'd say it's likely that WA = 2011January.

MF has to do with model, for example, MotiF.

Last edited:
I'd say it's possible it was made in 2011-January- first one that month of production.

Look at the preceding letters. Search for a decoder. I'd say it's likely that WA = 2011January.

Yes, I saw the decoder.That seems to make sense. Thank you

Latest posts

Back