Warm up time for Martin Logan speakers?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Raulyan

Do Martin Logan speakers need time to warm up after you first plug them in? What happens if you need to unplug the speakers, for example, if you need to go on an extended vacation. Does it take some time for the speakers to warm up and sound their best after you plug them back in again? FYI ... I have a pair of ML Aerius speakers. Thanks for your opinion.

Raulyan said:
Do Martin Logan speakers need time to warm up after you first plug them in? What happens if you need to unplug the speakers, for example, if you need to go on an extended vacation. Does it take some time for the speakers to warm up and sound their best after you plug them back in again? FYI ... I have a pair of ML Aerius speakers. Thanks for your opinion.
Hola...your Aerius and most ML only need 5 sec. to charge the stators, but sounding best takes about two or three days...why? The stators and the diaphragm act like a big capacitor...and need that time for full charge...but don't worry about it...as soon as you turn on your system, you start to enjoy the wonderfull sound of your Aerius, and as soon as you use it more, better the sound! Happy vacation and happy listening,
Roberto.

I have a question following on from this. I have noticed a warm up time too - approximately 2-3 weeks before the speakers start to stabilise, however why is this the case considering the circuit which turns the charging circuit off when there is no signal present.

Back