Wadia 581i or Accuphase DP-78 SACD Players

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig

Reaction score
Anyone have any thoughts/opinions/experience on Wadia or Accuphase CD players? I'm considering either a new Wadia 581i or the Accuphase DP-78. Both are SACD players with digital inputs and volume control to allow you to plug directly into an amp.

I'll be using my Squeezebox SB3 digital into the CD player and the player driving an Art Audio Jota High Current tube amp with the Emission Labs 520V3 power tubes. Should be a nice sweet and simple setup.

Of course an audition in my own system would be best but that may not be possible.

http://wadia.com/products/products_main.htm
http://www.accuphase.com/model/dp-78.htm

While I do not have any experience with the Accuphase players I have owned 3 Wadia players they were all outstanding including my current 861. I have gotten great service from Wadia, I need a box when I had a little water problem in the basement. All of the units performed flawlessly. I have even been given an invitation to visit the plant for a tour. something to be said for being American Made.

I have only heard the Accuphase at shows, but currently own a 581i as one of my reference CD players... (the other is a Meridian 808)

It is an excellent product and the digital ins are very handy! I've used it with the Squeezebox, Transporter and currently with my Sooloos music server with excellent results.

The 581i review will be up on the TONE Audio website end of next week if you would like the expanded viewpoint!

Good luck shopping!

One of the TBLS members I was talking to at the meeting last week was running the Wadia direct to his SS power amps and said it had incredible sound set up this way. Keep us updated with your decision I would like to hear it with MLs.

I have been thinking of the Wadia also and watching Agon. Right now I am trying to work through a graininess on high female vocals. If cables don't fix it I think the Wadia will be the next try. Once negotiated with my other half.

I have been thinking of the Wadia also and watching Agon. Right now I am trying to work through a graininess on high female vocals. If cables don't fix it I think the Wadia will be the next try. Once negotiated with my other half.

That's quite a leap to go from cables to a Wadia. You'll have to come over to hear mine after it arrives and had some time to break-in. What are you using for cables now?

Latest posts

Back