Uh oh. Time to pray.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Webinattor

Reaction score
My public prayer for today.

Dear Lord,

As you know, my wife brought the feared "interior designer and carpenter" to the house today. (SFX: loud forum groaning.)

As you also know, I was not home at the time, but I heard about the visit. I just wanted to ask you... dear Lord...why in the world you made the carpenter suggest to my wife that he could build a cabinet to put around my Aerius I speakers?

You didn't really tell him to put the speakers in a cabinet did you?

Would you mind telling him NOT to ever, ever suggest that again?

And...could you keep the interior designers at bay? They just bring potential heart attacks to this old body. Send them to another house or a HGTV loving family.

Thanks for listening.

Amen;)

It's scary, whenever I see one of those HGTV shows, it's always about throwing the hifi system out!

Ugh.

Good luck dude.

My public prayer for today.

Dear Lord,

As you know, my wife brought the feared "interior designer and carpenter" to the house today. (SFX: loud forum groaning.)

As you also know, I was not home at the time, but I heard about the visit. I just wanted to ask you... dear Lord...why in the world you made the carpenter suggest to my wife that he could build a cabinet to put around my Aerius I speakers?

You didn't really tell him to put the speakers in a cabinet did you?

Would you mind telling him NOT to ever, ever suggest that again?

And...could you keep the interior designers at bay? They just bring potential heart attacks to this old body. Send them to another house or a HGTV loving family.

Thanks for listening.

Amen;)

That's why you should've hired my wife....as an interior designer. She knows how important the sound is....

not the only one

I've been there in a similar situation. Why do I need to get the big head turn and eye roll when there's evidence I'm even thinking about gear. I don't even need to say anything. I didn't give her the guilt trip when she lost her first wedding ring. I was cool as cake. But when i want some second hand good equipment, i have backwards priorities. (that's just the annoying stuff. there's good too!) It just doesn't happen to be a similar liking to 72" stats!!

Ben

Last edited:
That's why you should've hired my wife....as an interior designer. She knows how important the sound is....

Well, they also suggested painting the kitchen cabinets black.

I guess that would match the ML's.

(No offense with your wife's line of work. I meant this to be a humorous, yet true post.)

I would let the ol' lady know that my listening room is off-limits to that suminabetch. And if he brings a saw within 6 feet of my speakers, I dig out the old Glock 20 in 10mm auto. :D

~VDR

Now if the carpenter was an audiophile, he'd be waxing lyrical about how he could upgrade the dodgy spray painted MDF frames into something N-I-C-E and far more rigid, enhancing sound & appearance in one fell swoop.

Now THAT would be worth paying for!:)

It's scary, whenever I see one of those HGTV shows, it's always about throwing the hifi system out!

Ugh.

Good luck dude.

I need to put a brightly colored pillow infront of them prior to any further meetings. Heh.

I'm with ya! Been there, done that! I eventually took it totally upon myself to redo our Family/Listening room, aiming for synergy of acoustics and decor. We ended up with something both my wife and I can harmoniously live with. It's not perfect, but it's pretty darn good!

BTW, I'm actually a fan of HGTV, and keep meaning to write them and suggest a new theme show... "Audio-Video Makeovers by Design". :D

Good luck. I can't help but to think regarding building cabinets around a pair of Aerius i speakers (or any speakers for that matter) - what a fugly and kitsch thing to do anyway!

Well, they also suggested painting the kitchen cabinets black.

I guess that would match the ML's.

(No offense with your wife's line of work. I meant this to be a humorous, yet true post.)

No offense at all.

I'm with ya! Been there, done that! I eventually took it totally upon myself to redo our Family/Listening room, aiming for synergy of acoustics and decor. We ended up with something both my wife and I can harmoniously live with. It's not perfect, but it's pretty darn good!

BTW, I'm actually a fan of HGTV, and keep meaning to write them and suggest a new theme show... "Audio-Video Makeovers by Design". :D

We tend to watch it alot too. Since I can't even hammer a nail, I try to learn how they do stuff around the house. I think your av show idea is a good one. I'd watch it...

They like to recommend a Bose system because the speakers can easily be concealed behind some plastic floral arrangement. This is exactly what my neighbor does with his speakers.

They like to recommend a Bose system because the speakers can easily be concealed behind some plastic floral arrangement. This is exactly what my neighbor does with his speakers.

Suggest they need to be hidden better. Like under 500' of concrete. :)

Back