The Prisoner

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Munster

Reaction score
Obviously the drugs I had available were not nearly strong enough to

give me any clue what I had wasted six hours on. Can anyone fill me in ?

new version or the old one? i used to watch the old one. weird stuff indeed.

i once picked up a paperback from the Prisoner series of books. i remember being in the middle of the paragraph, turning the page and the book continued on in a completely different tangent.

the pages were back-to-back, impossible for there to be missing pages.

weird stuff.

Obviously the drugs I had available were not nearly strong enough to

give me any clue what I had wasted six hours on. Can anyone fill me in ?

Have you seen the original series from the 1960s? I'm only half way through the current remake, so I can't offer much. Except that I think the original was better...

Be seeing you.

I'm still giving the new one my bthoughts, as I am a fan of the old series from way back when.
Some thoughts about the new show:
References portrayed about the old show are best taken as just that, a tip of the hat to an interesting concept.
(more to come, I gotta go to work)

I have not seen the new show, NPR did a review of it and said it paled compared to the original.

I recently checked out several original Prisoner DVD's from the public library. One was the ending episode (of 17 - DVD 10), it is the weirdest of all and I still don't get it.

Another episode (DVD 8) had an old west theme which I had not seen before and in the comments section said was not shown in the USA originally because it may have had an anti-Vietnam War slant to it. The censors claimed the use of psychotic drugs was the reason, but people were drugged all the time on that show to find secrets.

I liked the old series, the car in the opening and the big bubble were awesome.

I have not seen the new show, NPR did a review of it and said it paled compared to the original.

I recently checked out several original Prisoner DVD's from the public library. One was the ending episode (of 17 - DVD 10), it is the weirdest of all and I still don't get it.

It is confusing. But you've got to watch most (if not all) of the episodes in order to get the most out of it. The Prisoner is definately not a series one can just dip in to every now and then--it's way too confusing!

I am refering to the new episodes currently on AMC. I

watched the original at a much younger age and had no

idea what was going there either. I was hoping this would

clarify things but instead i'm left with the question " Am I

just too stupid to figure it out or is supposed to make

no sense at all and leave me feeling....aggravated?

It is one of those "if you have to ask, you will never get it" kinda things.

In other words no one gets it, they just pretend they do so there friends that get it do not think less of them.

Kinda like art.

I've only seen the first four episodes, but if I understand correctly the Prisoner in the first series was some kind of secret agent, where this Prisoner was an IT guy for a company that gathers information on people.

He found out too much information and "resigned", so his former employers captured him and whisked him off to the Villiage, where they are trying to find out what he knows and I'm guessing what he told to who before he resigned.

Anyway, that's my take on the show so far.

That is my theory, which is mine, by A. Elk.

Latest posts

Back