The Martin Logan sound?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MarkNewbie said:
Joey,

I have a "Tone by-pass" switch on my pre which is turned on all of the time. By doing this, my equipment is not effecting the tones. I try and listen to music as the musicians and recording engineers are presenting it. I am not adding bass or treble or subtracting it either. I liken this to listening to live music. My ears cannot adjust the music before the signal is transmitted to my brain which decides if I enjoy it or not. Like Roberto so elequently said, music makes me happy. There are times when the rest of the world goes away and it is just me and the band in my living room. I purchased the Elton John SACD, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road over the weekend and gave it a listen on Sunday evening. I was hearing songs that I had not listened to in 20 years. I must of listened to it 4-5 times in a row, it was that wonderful of an escape! :p :rolleyes: I just want to hear music the way the artists intended for me to hear it. They are the talented ones and I am the benefactor of that talent. Just so that everyone knows, I am completely sober at this moment....LOL

Mark
:cool:

Mark,

I see exactly where you are coming from. I, too, try to have the music reproduced with the least amount of coloration - so I use a very simple and discreet-based preamp. No tone controls, nothing.

And I also get lost in the music sometimes... and it's a wonderful thing.

Joey

Back