The end of the line

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't even remind me...

I feel like crying. I feel like puking..

A sad day for me indeed!!

Aaron Rodgers is our new leader. Let's hope he's got what it takes.

Brett was a truly great quarterback you could see in his face that he really enjoyed playing the game. In the first round 2013 he will be in the hall of fame.

Packer games will not be the same. One of my favorite Favre moments was last season after completing a pass for a touch down started slapping fives with his teammates, turned to see one of the officials and starting slapping fives with him the official was grinning ear to ear. Only Brett could pull that off.

He will be missed best wishes to him and his family

Last edited by a moderator:
I was actually secretly hoping that he would've made it to the recent Superbowl... great career nonetheless though.

:bowdown:

Not just making it, I wanted him and the Packers to WIN!!!

Either way, 17-1 is all I can say! :D :D :D

Aaron Roger looked alright that one game when he got his first TD pass ever. Let's hope he can do that and be consistent. One thing though, his highlights have to go.

Favre is simply unreplaceable and much like when a big time college coach retires (Spurrier or Osborn) the next coach or qb is a lame duck because the expectations and performance were so high with a qb like Favre.

Believe me, it's not something Packer Nation should take for granted. Miami is still feeling the effects of not effectively planning (and grooming) a suitable replacement for when Marino left.

Is Rogers the answer? No one can say. If I recall, GB only drafted him because 2-3 years ago Favre was tinkering with the idea of hanging 'em up. Rogers was the insurance policy. Now, the good news is that he has had several years to learn the system(s). He wasn't thrusted right into the starting lineup which is the norm nowadays (see Vick or Vince Young).

Having said all that, it was great watching Favre play. He made the game fun. in an era of system QBs and complicated schemes, Favre is/was the last true gun slinger at QB. He's a lock for the HOF and is on top of numerous passing stats.

He will be missed.

Erik

Favre has been around so long he seems like he must be ancient. I can't believe he is only four years younger than me. Definitely one of my all-time favorite quarterbacks.

Favre has been around so long he seems like he must be ancient. I can't believe he is only four years younger than me. Definitely one of my all-time favorite quarterbacks.

Geez, now I really feel old, hell I'm old enough to be his father, though I would have only been seventeen at the time !

Brent who? You mean that crybaby that Elway smacked around a few years ago in the Super Bowl?

:devil:

Sorry, I actually loved the guy (except when he was beating us on the first friggin' play in overtime this year). I just had to say that other smack to get under Tom's skin:rolleyes:

Back