The DON / redux

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another food for thought. If Jesus and Satan ran for office what would their campaign look like?

Jesus - Love, Hope, Tolerance, Forgiveness, Selflessness

Satan - Fear, Hate, Intolerance, Greed

timm are you saying you don't care what a democrat says, even if he was the head of the CIA? Also, are you saying it is a ok for Trump to ask Russia to break into our government servers? Or am I missing something?

Last edited:
Trump's hate is unbelievable! Is his skin so thin that he can't hear someone say anything positive about someone else without wanting to physically hurt them?

You know what I wanted to do?" Donald Trump said today about the speakers at the Democratic National Convention. "I wanted to hit a couple of those speakers so hard."

"I was gonna hit one guy in particular, a very little guy," Trump said. "I was gonna hit this guy so hard his head would spin and he wouldn't know what the hell happened."

Ryan Moore has spondyleoepiphyseal Dysplasia dwarfism and has known Hillary Clinton since 1994. His speech was on her support during his illness.

BTW, I think this is where our political system breaks down.

Just because we have a dominant two party political system DOES NOT mean that they are representative of the people in this country.

Unfortunately it usually comes down to a few key issues that a person decides are the priority and then they are FORCED to swallow the whole package.

Just remember that most people are not liberal about everything and not conservative about everything. We are all on the spectrum in between. The problem is that we are forced to pick between them and are shoe horned into a slot that doesn't represent us well.

Sadly if your few key issues stick you under one candidate or the other, typically you will try to see the candidate that you are stuck with in the best possible light and find every flaw in the opponent. It's just how we are wired. Once you've decided, I'm voting for "X", your mind will do mental gymnastics to justify your decision. This is even worse if things are highly charged and emotional because we make our worst decisions when we are highly emotional.

Agreed Mark, but in the case this year, myself (along with many others) can't stand either candidate.

Agreed Mark, but in the case this year, myself (along with many others) can't stand either candidate.
But Dave, you have to vote for the lesser evil, just in case that by your not voting (along with many others) the greater evil gets voted in.

Looking at it as an outsider, it's clear to me who the greater evil is.

what I'm saying is..... He has a horse in this race..... sorry... that was to slowgeezer... forgot to include his post....

Another food for thought. If Jesus and Satan ran for office what would their campaign look like?

Jesus - Love, Hope, Tolerance, Forgiveness, Selflessness

Satan - Fear, Hate, Intolerance, Greed

This is inaccurate..... both of them would be Love,Hope,Tolerance,Forgiveness, Selflessness.... Satan lies.... All I want is the truth.... I think John Lennon said that.... but hey....

A nice dose of 'reality', 'truth' would be nice to see as well... My feel for Hillary is she says what you want to hear... not what she thinks..... My feel for Hillary is she has made poor decisions on many levels... My feel for Hillary is she is a professional politician that has had this master plan for 24 years since Bill got elected and ran for Senate as a stepping stone.... then was given SOS job.... So the next step is the Presidency... regardless of her walking away from the SOS job because of 'illness'.... Guess she is better now..... Trump has made poor decisions as well...but, I don't think anyone died based on his decisions.... Hillary is a known commodity ... and in my opinion a 'bad' known commodity.... Trump is not really a known commodity.... So as far as trust goes..... I know I can't trust Hillary.... I don't know if I can trust Trump....

Unfortunately we know that Trump doesn't actually believe most of what he says. So he is selling a lie the whole time.

Trump has simply shown that he can repeat whatever is working for the conservative shock jocks to get people riled up into a Lynch Mob!

There is a big difference between a coalition that comes together to cooperate and a group of mad people in a mob.

Trump said numerous times in the press conference, when asked if he supported Russia hacking emails, that he thought they probably already had them. But if you want to pull one sentence from the entire conference, "Russia, if you're listening. I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing", and say this is exactly what he meant and only what he meant, I then fail to see how this a national security matter as being reported by the press. I don't support Russia hacking any emails, but are the 30,000 missing emails that Trump supposedly asked Russia to find a national security problem? We have been told repeatedly that those 30,000 emails contain only Hillary's exercise routines and wedding plans for Chelsea. If those 30,000 emails are a national security issue, then the bigger problem is that Hillary had them on a private server and deleted them while under investigation.

For every lost email from Hillary, Trump has lost more when asked to provide them to a judge. For every lie or near lie Hillary has said, Trump has said many more. For every person Hillary has helped there are people whose lives have been torn apart by Trump. Lies, deceit, greed, these are traits and actions Trump has shown over the years time and time again. Cowardly acts to stay out of the military, poking fun at disabled people, mocking female candidates because of their looks or their talking loudly and attacking opponents children and parents. These are things Trump has done. Bragging over bedding other men's wives, laughing when deleting life savings from people he swindled, failure to accept any responsibility for his actions, always denying and deflecting. Preventing blacks from buying homes in his ventures, hurtling racial remarks like they are sugar, never answering any serious policy questions, not having a single platform idea for running our country except to "hire the best people". Bragging that he is the smartest person in the room, bragging he knows more than our military about ISIS, bragging that only he can save America. Involved in lawsuit after lawsuit with hundreds of people from all walks of life, rich, poor, middle class, telling how he renigged on promises, failed to pay for services rendered and yet he still shows no remorse, no caring, no empathy, rather he sticks his chin up in the air like a four year old. Speaking of a four year old, his skin is so thin that he can't wait to tweet his stupid statements whenever anyone says anything negative about him. Republicans, democrats, schoolmates, professors, other billionaires, heads of government agencies, veterans, have all said he is a crook a liar, a swindler, yet somehow members here cannot decide if he can be trusted, while others think he would make a good president. Somewhere along the line one has to figure out if your values are in alignment with his. Hillary, in no way, shape or form has the negatives Trump has.

Last edited:
As an outsider, I am aghast. A presidential candidate asks (challenges!) Russia to hack your government's computers. Wow. Just wow.

You don't have to a "aghast". Even if you believe Trump really asked Russia to hack emails that are longer available, as opposed to just releasing them if they have them, he still didn't challenge them to hack our government computers. Hillary's emails were kept on her own private server that was located in her own home, not on our governments computers where they were supposed to be.

For every lost email from Hillary, Trump has lost more when asked to provide them to a judge. For every lie or near lie Hillary has said, Trump has said many more. For every person Hillary has helped there are people whose lives have been torn apart by Trump. Lies, deceit, greed, these are traits and actions Trump has shown over the years time and time again. Cowardly acts to stay out of the military, poking fun at disabled people, mocking female candidates because of their looks or their talking loudly and attacking opponents children and parents. These are things Trump has done. Bragging over bedding other men's wives, laughing when deleting life savings from people he swindled, failure to accept any responsibility for his actions, always denying and deflecting. Preventing blacks from buying homes in his ventures, hurtling racial remarks like they are sugar, never answering any serious policy questions, not having a single platform idea for running our country except to "hire the best people". Bragging that he is the smartest person in the room, bragging he knows more than our military about ISIS, bragging that only he can save America. Involved in lawsuit after lawsuit with hundreds of people from all walks of life, rich, poor, middle class, telling how he renigged on promises, failed to pay for services rendered and yet he still shows no remorse, no caring, no empathy, rather he sticks his chin up in the air like a four year old. Speaking of a four year old, his skin is so thin that he can't wait to tweet his stupid statements whenever anyone says anything negative about him. Republicans, democrats, schoolmates, professors, other billionaires, heads of government agencies, veterans, have all said he is a crook a liar, a swindler, yet somehow members here cannot decide if he can be trusted, while others think he would make a good president. Somewhere along the line one has to figure out if your values are in alignment with his. Hillary, in no way, shape or form has the negatives Trump has.

yeah ............. as I've said, many times, 'Two Losers' ...........pick your poison.......

yeah ............. as I've said, many times, 'Two Losers' ...........pick your poison.......

I agree, Hillary is not perfect, but I'd much rather have her, with at least a knowledge of how to deal with other countries in office rather than the poison that is The Donald.

Did you watch the two conventions?

Trump's was a riled up Lynch Mob. He is using fear as a motivator and describing how horrible the US is.

Hillary's was a coalition of rational people who want to hope for a better future.

They were complete opposites of each other in content and temper.

In the end we can argue all we want, but until we see them in the political debates almost 2 months from now, we won't know the way this election is going to go.

It is funny that a verbal jousting match is probably what will seal the deal either way. Then again a president does have to think on their feet and handle situations as they arise and a debate may actually be useful information.

My question is whether it will matter and whether people have already made up their minds and will only take away what they want from the debates. In other words, Hillary supporters will think she made Trump look like an idiot and Trump supporters will see him as looking strong and confident no matter what is actually said.

Edit: I just looked at a bunch of articles about the effect of presidential debates on elections and it indicates they have nearly zero impact on an election.

This leaves me wondering what really does matter.

Last edited:
I agree, Hillary is not perfect, but I'd much rather have her, with at least a knowledge of how to deal with other countries in office rather than the poison that is The Donald.

part of me does agree with you Steve.......

This leaves me wondering what really does matter.

for me one thing that really matters is the protection of my second amendment rights, so long as the 'libs' don't go beyond some sort of common sense gun control I'm OK, but I am concerned what may unfold in the hands of Clinton, Warren, Schumer, Feinstein and others ........

for me one thing that really matters is the protection of my second amendment rights, so long as the 'libs' don't go beyond some sort of common sense gun control I'm OK, but I am concerned what may unfold in the hands of Clinton, Warren, Schumer, Feinstein and others ........

What bothers me about this comment is that GOP pushed very hard in both elections that Obama wanted to take all the guns away, when over 8 years the only thing that he did suggest was enforcing more background checks. The ban on assault rifles was even allowed to expire during his presidency.

When asked about it over the years of his presidency, Obama always denied that taking away guns was ever considered.

What Hillary has actually said is that she wants to fight for common sense reforms to help keep guns out of the hands of terrorists and domestic abusers. Everything she is proposing has to do with initial gun sales.

She has NEVER said anything about taking guns away from people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back