The DON / redux

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't read the whole thing but I thought I saw the word 'illegal' more than once, if true, what's your point ??
Not true, Dave. They were discussing refugees....but Trump referred to them in a tweet (where else?) as "illegal immigrants".

Not true, Dave. They were discussing refugees....but Trump referred to them in a tweet (where else?) as "illegal immigrants".

I was wondering what happened to these migrants just a couple of weeks ago. As I understood it, Australia changed it's policies on accepting refugees, refusing to accept anymore that were being smuggled into the country by boat. It was reported that they didn't want to encourage them to make the dangerous crossing, and by continuing to accept them, they were only encouraging that many more to enter Australia by being smuggled in. Sounds a bit like the US southern border. I am not sure if Trump used the term illegal by mistake or on purpose, but regardless it's not really a wrong term to apply to their status under current Australian policy. Perhaps "undocumented Australians" might be a better fit for some.

Trump won the election with being tougher on immigration as one of the centerpieces to his campaign. When the deal was announced, it was constantly mentioned that a Trump administration might not be receptive to this deal. Did they make the deal after the election so it would not in anyway hinder Hillary?? The fact that Obama signed this deal just days after Trump was elected, in my mind, seems a bit shady. Regardless, I would honor the deal, but only after a "very" thorough vetting process takes place on each of the migrants.

Last edited:
Trump just threatened to send troops into Mexico to handle their problem with bad hombres.

If this is how we deal with our allies...

That has now been exposed as being fake news. The foreign relations department for Mexico said it “is based on absolute falsehoods,” and that "The assertions that you make about said conversation do not correspond to the reality of it.”

Trump just threatened to send troops into Mexico to handle their problem with bad hombres.

If this is how we deal with our allies...

What is not fake news, however, even though the media is not as hot to report it as they were when they thought they could tie it to Trump, is all the violence now being perpetrated by the left. It's funny how when Trump was campaigning, the media was all over every story that had any sort of violence at Trump rallies. Of course, it was later learned that creeps were being paid to purposely try to incite Trump supporters.

What Trump should have said concerning his inaugural attendance is who can blame people for not wanting to show up to something where the left is almost guaranteed to rioting? Can you imagine the news stories if all this stuff was taking place after Hillary's election? About the most I get from the press is that there was "mostly peaceful" protesting. Another way of saying there was violence. Violence occurred for the first few days after he was elected, it occurred right before and after his inaugural address. One person in CA was shot when another person mistook him for a Trump supporter. A girl at the inaugural had her hair set on fire. Police have been injured after getting hit by stones.

My wife was watching the today show this morning and they had a segment on the UC Berkeley riots that occurred last night. I asked her if they showed the girl with the Trump hat on who said something like, "Do you see any Trump supporters out here doing this"? Right after she says it a person comes up to her and douses her with a face full of pepper spray. My wife said they didn't show that, at least not during that segment.

What does it mean that the left is not up in arms about this stuff in the manner in which they were during Trump rallies when they thought they could tie violence to him? Where is the call for democratic leaders to be constantly denouncing this stuff? Does the left hold themselves to "lower" standards than they do others??

Last edited:
That has now been exposed as being fake news. The foreign relations department for Mexico said it “is based on absolute falsehoods,” and that "The assertions that you make about said conversation do not correspond to the reality of it.”

I'm glad to hear that. Sadly there is a pile of crap being slung at us. My bad for not vetting that. I'm really getting tired of this. Bring back the not for profit news broadcasts that present information and let you decide what to do with it.

My point is obvious......................Oh i give up

His point seems pretty clear to me, Dave.

Guys, I didn't get past the second paragraph where Trump is supposedly 'quoting' Obama and used the word illegal. Therefore, if this quote is accurate, what is it that you don't understand about that word ?? ...........

Last edited:
Bring back the not for profit news broadcasts that present information and let you decide what to do with it.

Isn't that what NPR does? After having listened extensively to NPR news broadcasts for the last three decades or so, seems to me they follow that protocol pretty well.

Isn't that what NPR does? After having listened extensively to NPR news broadcasts for the last three decades or so, seems to me they follow that protocol pretty well.

I believe I must have listening to a different NPR than you Gordon. For being a government and donation supported broadcast they sure seem to have a liberal lean to them. Most NPR listeners seem to like what they hear so, it's all good I suppose.
Click and Clack on Saturday morning is about the only NPR I listen to any more. They are worth the price of supporting the network.

With regards to the objection to accepting Australian immigrants/refugees/what ever you would like to classify them as. Did anyone else hear the part of the former President's agreement that USA would take all of the radical Muslims that were not wanted in Australia.

Hey Brad, 'Klink and Klunk" ....isn't one of the dead ?

What is not fake news, however, even though the media is not as hot to report it as they were when they thought they could tie it to Trump, is all the violence now being perpetrated by the left. It's funny how when Trump was campaigning, the media was all over every story that had any sort of violence at Trump rallies. Of course, it was later learned that creeps were being paid to purposely try to incite Trump supporters.

What Trump should have said concerning his inaugural attendance is who can blame people for not wanting to show up to something where the left is almost guaranteed to rioting? Can you imagine the news stories if all this stuff was taking place after Hillary's election? About the most I get from the press is that there was "mostly peaceful" protesting. Another way of saying there was violence. Violence occurred for the first few days after he was elected, it occurred right before and after his inaugural address. One person in CA was shot when another person mistook him for a Trump supporter. A girl at the inaugural had her hair set on fire. Police have been injured after getting hit by stones.

My wife was watching the today show this morning and they had a segment on the UC Berkeley riots that occurred last night. I asked her if they showed the girl with the Trump hat on who said something like, "Do you see any Trump supporters out here doing this"? Right after she says it a person comes up to her and douses her with a face full of pepper spray. My wife said they didn't show that, at least not during that segment.

What does it mean that the left is not up in arms about this stuff in the manner in which they were during Trump rallies when they thought they could tie violence to him? Where is the call for democratic leaders to be constantly denouncing this stuff? Does the left hold themselves to "lower" standards than they do others??

Please don't conflate the actions of a few with the millions who do protest.

the 'few' is MORE than a few. When these POS protestors resort to their violence, if it were me I'd use a lot more than pepper spray !

For the uninformed... You need to understand that there is a local anarchist group in Berkeley that uses any opportunity to come out and "play." This all started as a peaceful student protest and then a group of about 150 masked anarchists swarmed in and started the riot. These aren't your standard liberal college students causing this violence. They are an extreme, isolated group of violent youth that are taking advantage of the situation to get their kicks. I don't think you will find too many liberals defending their actions.

the 'few' is MORE than a few. When these POS protestors resort to their violence, if it were me I'd use a lot more than pepper spray !

Ok I get it

liberals are all violent troublemakers therefore their causes are invalid.
conservatives are all racist bigots therefore their causes are invalid.

Last edited:
Guys, I didn't get past the second paragraph where Trump is supposedly 'quoting' Obama and used the word illegal. Therefore, if this quote is accurate, what is it that you don't understand about that word ?? ...........
Dave, I read it as Trump speaking, not him quoting Obama.

The "Australian" refugees are the victim of some nasty and shameful Australian politics.

Long story will keep it short. These are Refugees as defined and confirmed by the UNHCR, they were arrivals in Australia by boat in recent years.

They are called illegal immigrants, by certain sections of Australian politics, even though under international law they are not.

Basically they are kept in offshore detention in camps in Nauru and PNG. This is done because if they were in Australia they would be subject to Australian law which would give them greater rights. Also, having them in other countries means that media contact is restricted.
These poor souls are trapped in camps in appalling conditions, some for years. Suicide, mental illness and self harm is common.

All this is done to discourage similar attempts to enter Australia. Also there is a lot of rhetoic about stopping illegal people smuggling and to stop deaths at sea. While it has stopped these things for people trying entry into Australia, all it has done is to move the problem elsewhere, not prevent it.

The deal with the US was to swap these refugees (approx 1250) with central american refugees.

so what trump said was utter bullshit.

They are not illegal immigrants
They are not criminals
They are not from jails
And they have already been subject to "extreme" vetting.

Hope you read it twich even though it's more than 2 paragraphs :)

Last edited:

Few?? During Trump's inauguration 217 people were arrested. The police chief said, “Our goal was to make zero arrests, and it’s unfortunate that they forced our hands in this situation”. For comparison, during Obama's inaugurations, there actually was ZERO arrests, of those racist conservatives, that surely would have been out to riot during the inauguration of the nations first black president.

My point, however, was not to demonize democrats for the actions of some within their ranks, as they tried to do with Trump supporters. Rather, it was a hit on our media for how differently they cover these acts. The "very" few individual incidents at Trump rallies was getting all day coverage on TV and first page articles in major newspapers. These riots are getting coverage, but not nearly as much so. I know how the media would be covering these incidents if the shoe was on the other foot. I know what would be said of people carrying "F*#! Hillary" signs. I know how the media would have covered a well known conservative entertainer if they were to have said they would like to blow up the White House. It's no wonder Trump does not seem to respect our media, I certainly have little for it.

Few?? During Trump's inauguration 217 people were arrested. The police chief said, “Our goal was to make zero arrests, and it’s unfortunate that they forced our hands in this situation”. For comparison, during Obama's inaugurations, there actually was ZERO arrests, of those racist conservatives, that surely would have been out to riot during the inauguration of the nations first black president.

My point, however, was not to demonize democrats for the actions of some within their ranks, as they tried to do with Trump supporters. Rather, it was a hit on our media for how differently they cover these acts. The "very" few individual incidents at Trump rallies was getting all day coverage on TV and first page articles in major newspapers. These riots are getting coverage, but not nearly as much so. I know how the media would be covering these incidents if the shoe was on the other foot. I know what would be said of people carrying "F*#! Hillary" signs. I know how the media would have covered a well known conservative entertainer if they were to have said they would like to blow up the White House. It's no wonder Trump does not seem to respect our media, I certainly have little for it.

217 out of millions - sorry textbook conflating there.

I will repeat a previous post for effect:

liberals are all violent troublemakers therefore their causes are invalid.
conservatives are all racist bigots therefore their causes are invalid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back