Quantcast

tape switcher

MartinLogan Owners (MLO)

Help Support MartinLogan Owners (MLO):

zaphod

Reaction score
hi,

any thoughts oa high-grade audio switcher? i'm admitting defeat and putting a second reel2reel in the upstairs system, but don't have an extra input. i don't need video.

sigh.

Esoteric sound has a switcher, and a groovy wooden box for it, but i don't know anything about their quality.

aliveatfive

Reaction score
I was perusing the Manley Audio site the other day and I noticed that they are now manufacturing a switcher which would probably meet your expectations, but its expensive.

zaphod

Reaction score
aliveatfive said:
I was perusing the Manley Audio site the other day and I noticed that they are now manufacturing a switcher which would probably meet your expectations, but its expensive.
yep, i saw that as well. this is the "upstairs" system. i don't need that level of quality for there. more than "the shack", but less than a grand for 4 inputs.

sleepysurf

Reaction score
Here's yet another "audiophile grade" switch. It's available with either the top or front mounted switches...
http://fidaudio.com/quintete.html

I'm currently using the $14.99 El Cheapo Radioshack switch (Catalog #15-1982), works surprisingly well, but I'll probably upgrade to something with a more impressive pedigree eventually <g>.

zaphod

Reaction score
look for a switch, find a sub

wow, i knew that there were some more great switches out there... the fidaudio sounds great and the decware solution looks nice - this switch is for my second "retro" system - quad esl, old reels, old mac iron tube amps - you get the idea. so i think that the decware, or the esoteric with it's walnut box would be a good visual match.

what i found REALLY interesting was the decware subwoofer.

has anybody heard/heard of this sub? it looks great but only goes down to 28Hz...