System #463 (Theos)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolcobramatt

Reaction score
Member Name: Matthew Martin

ML Model: Theos, black ash

Year Purchased: May 2013

Mods/Changes: none

Associated Electronics: Wyred4Sound STI-500 integrated amplifier, Oppo BDP-93, Paradigm PW-2200 sub, Panamax M5300 power conditioner, Signal Cable Ultra bi-wires and Analog 2 interconnects, MAC Soundpipes power cables, Samsung 55" C8000 LED TV

Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience: My 4th set of Martin Logans and my first ever brand new set (previously owned SL3, Aeon i, and Vista). My ML's are an investment as well as audio joy. When times get tough, I let the ML's go, always coming back when "my" economy picks up.

Attachments

• theos.jpg
    theos.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,275
Last edited:
Matthew, thanks for getting your post 'right' on the first try !

looks comfy and cozy !

Congratulations Matthew. Your set up looks great! It is clean and neat. Your Theos look awesome too. From the picture, the left speaker looks a little bit toe in, try to use a flash light, to adjust the proper angle. You can see the flash reflecting light from the panels at the pic too. I wish to you, a very, very happy listening!

Congratulations Matthew. Your set up looks great! It is clean and neat. Your Theos look awesome too. From the picture, the left speaker looks a little bit toe in, try to use a flash light, to adjust the proper angle. You can see the flash reflecting light from the panels at the pic too. I wish to you, a very, very happy listening!

You got me. I moved it in a tad so the distances matched for the picture :)

Then, once you had done that, you can try to adjust the height of the feet to rake the panel for critical listening stage. This adjustment depends of your own room. First do it at the rear, two turns on each nut of the spikes, and write your findings, and then go back to the original position. Then do it at the front of the spikes, writing down your findings, and choose the one that you liked most. This position is where you have your golden siting position. Believe me, you will find a position where everything snaps and gets a stage precision, with air between instruments and takes away the frog in the throat of the singers, male and female. The female voice, this problem is more evident. Happy listening!

Please, let us know your findings. Happy listening!

I went with a Krell kav250 for the amplification, pairing it with a B&K Ref 20 for now. I'll add in the positioning tweaks this weekend when I get the amp in and have a few days to play with it.

VERY nice system. Hifi as it should be - simple and cost effective.

Back