System #353 (Purity, Descent)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nutshell

Reaction score
System #353 (Purity, Depth)

name- Arlen
location- Rotterdam, The Netherlands (Europe)
speakers- Purity (new, purchased in 2008)
Depth (second hand, purchased in 2009 - behind the left channel Purity on the picture))

Associated electronics:
- cd player: Cambridge Audio 640C v2.0
- integrated amplifier: Cambridge Audio 640A v2.0
- speaker cables: AudioQuest Rocket88
- subwoofer cables: AudioQuest SUB-3
- cd-amp interconnect: Van den Hul The Jubilee

Room acoustics:
- Audio Replas RAC-100
- Harmonix RF-900
- Goldensound acoustic discs

Power:
- PS Audio Quintet
- Dedicated audio group, wired by Kemp Electronics
- power cables (for net conditioner, cd and amp): AudioQuest NRG-5 (with Oyaide and C-046 / P-046e plugs) and Qyaide Tunami (with C-046 / P-046e plugs)
- The Purity's and Depth are powered with less expensive cables I bought at an online shop. But they do their job very well.

In 2008, I decided to buy some new speakers, and went to a great audio shop where I listened to several speakers, including the ML Purity. I was immediately overwhelmed with their sound quality. I just loved the richness of detail in the sound. After a few months, I decided I wanted deeper bass. The bass of the Purity is good, but not deep enough. So when I saw an ad for a second hand Depth subwoofer, I didn't hesitate and bought it.
I wired my Purity's not with long RCA cables, but with speaker cable. Not recommended by Martin Logan, but the people at my audio shop convinced me to do this, and I really think it sounds better.
I'm absolutely happy about my speakers now, but I'm still working on my room acoustics. Perhaps I will make or buy some diffusors.
And after that... maybe some Summit X's, and new amps and etc...

Attachments

• SP_A0153.jpg
    SP_A0153.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 620
Last edited:
Arlen, welcome, nice 'cozy' setup you have !

Thank you for your warm welcome. By the way, I made a stupid error yesterday. I always get names wrong, and while describing my system, I wrote that I had a Descent subwoofer. But it's a Depth, and I'm happy I was able to correct it.

Back