SVS subwoofers?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsmooth

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
Time for a new subwoofer?

I am looking to replace my Dynamo as I believe that after moving into the new house it I outgrown it. Don't really like the idea of dropping $1K+ for something like a Depth, etc. Looked at SVS, Velodyne, etc. and would like to sell the Dynamo and not pay much more on top of that to replace it. Anybody deal with something in the sub $750 range (like the SVS towers) that would fit the bill? I would say 33% music / 66% movies now that the wife has took a new interest in the theater room.

Thanks for all the help in the past.

Last edited:
I have one of the 12" PC-Ultra cyliners and I like it a lot. I got it 2 1/2 years ago. They have the newer Ultra-13 which replaced the original, but if you can find a used 12"ultra it should fit within your budget, and I don't think it will disappoint.

Chuck

It's really hard to beat SVS in slam bam boom for the buck. I've had a few and currently use a PC 13 Ultra in my theater. Third SVS sub. First was a PCi 20-39, the second was a PB12-2 twin and now the Ultra cylinder.

Check out their site for clearance stock. you should be able to get a PCi 20-39 ( 20 hz tune best one for mix of theater and music) powered cyclinder in your budget. Or if you want more slam go for the 25-31.

SVS also has a respectable return policy that will allow you adequite time to judge for yourself.

Last edited:
I am just looking for a bit more presence, and in a bigger room I think I am currently lacking that. I want to feel effects during moves, not so much hear them. I did see the 20-39 and 25-31 for a pretty solid price. Glad to hear a few people here have enjoyed them.

Last edited:
I have the PB13 Ultra with my Martin Logan 7.1 home theater and multi-channel sound system. Surprisingly when I was using a auto equalizer for the SVS subwoofer, it made musical notes instead of thumps like it did with other subwoofers. So far the SVS is the most musical sub that I have ever heard. Two guys at work also have SVS subs, I don't know anyone that doesn't like them and more importantly think the SVS is best bang for the buck, by far.

Back