Sunday Afternoon music

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon

Reaction score
I saw a flier at the local grocery store advertising a Jazz/Big Band concert at the local college and we decided to go this afternoon.

There were two groups of students playing. The first group of 9 played some very nice jazz pieces. They played Duke Ellington and Antonio Carlos Jobim. The Big Band consisted of 20 players. They played some Cole Porter, Joe Garland and Benny Goodman.

What a wonderful group of young people! We stuck around and spoke with several of them and their views on music tells me we have not lost all young people to Ipods and synethsized music! The music was well done and you could see the genuine spark in their eyes while they played and after while we spoke. There was a young girl playing the alto sax that just made my heart melt. It gives me the bumps again just thinking about the emotion she put into playing.

Laura and I are going to start attending more of these miniconcerts because it was so much fun!

Gordon

Good for you! Right now, more than ever, we need to support local live performances.

Good for you! Right now, more than ever, we need to support local live performances.

Could not agree more,
This afternoon's listening was The Chieftains, live at Symphony Center CSO. Great show, good friends, great dinner afterwards.

Back