Stillpoints/Entreqs with Logans

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonzo

Reaction score
Hi has anyone tried the Stillpoints isolators and the Entreq power chords with the Logans?

Can't find anything on search. I will eventually demo it in house, but wanted to know the feedback. Some dealers swear that room acoustics come from energy dissipation rather than absorption. And suggest taking off spikes/legs of all speakers, not adding and granite type slab, but Stillpoints instead. Below the amps as well.

And the Vertex panels which cancel frequencies, e.g., if bass is more they reduce that, and if treble is more the same panels cand euce that.

Can't comment on these particular products as I haven't tried them. But I would avoid/ignore any dealer who tried to tell you that speaker isolation has anything to do with room acoustics. Two separate issues. Both are important. But you are never going to fix poor room acoustics with a speaker isolation product. Any dealer who would tell you otherwise is lying and probably just trying to sell you some over-priced snake oil.

No, he did say that acoustics matter, but instead off adding bass traps and diffusers, add energy dissipators like still pin Byrd and the vertex panels I wrote about in my post. Also Google the entreq grounding box which is used to earth the system.

System grounding is vital to good sonics, however it is often overlooked. Stillpoints work well, Marck uses both Entreq and Stillpoints, reporting favourable results..
Can't comment on the vertex panels though, get the fundamentals right first, then maybe experiment?

Oh great. You had once told me about Townshend. Do you know if Stillpoints under the speakers can stop the sound going through the floor like Townshend?

No, to reduce energy travelling directly through the floor to neighbours you must decouple the loudspeaker totally, Max Townshend's bases do this, unlike any other. I have not used them under my Spires yet, but colleagues do use them to good effect. Granite slab is a side step in this regard..

so you think granite will prevent sound passthrough better than stillpoints?

How does the Audiophile Base compare to the Townshend for this?

Bonzo, let's chat when I am back from my business trip on Friday.

I have direct experience of all of your above questions!
Rgds
Marc.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

for some years I used sonority audio design with my focals which are easier to move with speakers on than the Townshend but the latter are no doubt good although I have tried neither on my martina logans

for some years I used sonority audio design with my focals which are easier to move with speakers on than the Townshend but the latter are no doubt good although I have tried neither on my martina logans

Butcher block stained with 3m sanding blocks under the blocks looks & works well any foam that does not compress completely will work
I believe granite/marble has more sympathetic freqs.

I use granite (3") With the assumption that it reduces the sound carried through my floor into my neighbors unit. I'm not 100% sure if it works or not. The Townsend bases do work though?

Back