Statement e2 being discontinued... your thoughts

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SugarMedia said:
Jeff-
Yeah I bet he's never heard of it. It certainly could be a Top-secret addition to the ML line up and they don't want it leaked to the press this soon in the game. These Russian websites seem to get interesting news before the rest of us. Take for example the "Vista" Aeons replacement... it's all over the Russian sites if you google it.

And what about this one...??
ROFL!! Nice photo-chop!:D

SugarMedia yYou're having way too much fun with Photoshop. :D.
See if you can make a center channel CLS for me. LOL :eek: Actually I was really thinkng about it if I can find some one who has bad panels and wants to lose the electronics but I think it may be a bit of overkill.
hahahahahaha

In the video that Dan (DTB300) found are the prototypes for the Summit, the Vantage and ultimately the Vista. Remember that video is a few years old. No Jim P was not in the video and yes Gayle was.

As far as ML watchng over us, yes they are aware of this website and do occassionaly take peek but do not post anything directly only through TomDac.

Remember this is supposed to be fun!!

Jeff :cool:

Jeff, yes it's a bit slow at work this week, so I'm finding that my mind has become a mischievious workshop. You know I actually like the looks of the last "Pinnacle CLS III" I posted. And I would probably buy it, if they made a panel that wide.

Jeff Zaret said:
SugarMedia yYou're having way too much fun with Photoshop. :D.
See if you can make a center channel CLS for me. LOL :eek: Actually I was really thinkng about it if I can find some one who has bad panels and wants to lose the electronics but I think it may be a bit of overkill.
hahahahahaha

In the video that Dan (DTB300) found are the prototypes for the Summit, the Vantage and ultimately the Vista. Remember that video is a few years old. No Jim P was not in the video and yes Gayle was.

As far as ML watchng over us, yes they are aware of this website and do occassionaly take peek but do not post anything directly only through TomDac.

Remember this is supposed to be fun!!

So the model that was shown at the end of the film was possibly a prototype for the Vista/Vantage? Hmmmmm.

Statements...

Jeff Zaret said:
Although they are great speakers and the ultimate in ML design lets be honest here, how many of us can actually afford $125,000 USD for a speaker system. How many of us have the room for such a speaker setup and the associated electronics. This is not small investment and I would venture to say that one would actually spend in the neighborhood of $200,000 USD with everything else that is involved.

I talked with Jim P. today and he stated yes they are likely going to stop producing them. He said they have not made or sold a "set" in over a year. He also stated they are very expensive to build and not really a profit driven item at or had been anytime of their history.

As far as giving up on "Gayle's ultimate dream" that is just pure crap. They are continuing forward. Gayle is there (Kansas - he lives in southern California now) at least twice a month overseeing and understanding what is taking place. The only evidence of Shoreview, at this point and the foreseeable future is there i "deeper" pocketbook to drawn funds for R&D. Gayle mortgaged his life early on to start this company. His dreams were realized and his personal satisfaction has been achieved. I believe any one of us would be doing the same as he and his life with the sacrifices he has made to make ML what it is today.

So yes it may be somewhat melancholy that the Statement and the variations will be a thing of the past but life must progress and move forward. So quit whining.

On a side note:
As far as the Everest, I think it is not real. From an acoustic stand point having drivers in a cabinet in that configuration would cause too much back wave and collision within that small of space. Jim P was unaware of it.

The Stage is still not complete and similar to what Joey has stated. Jim said he saw another prototype a few days ago. It will be narrower due to the panel and have wood trim. As far as offering many different trims is still a guess. We both agreed the price is too much!! :eek:

Also, in the next few weeks ML will releasing a new ETC Spikes better than the current version. The current version with the "screw-type" bottom will be changed. The bottom of this is actually brass and we all know this is very soft and has a tendency to break. The newer ones will be harder, not brass (I forgot what metal he told me) and cost the same as the current spikes.

Jeff,

Thanks for sharing the information from your talk with Jim Power. I had not realized that ML was not selling the Statement e2 speaker systems. It sound like the Stage's development is coming along nicely, though... :)

As far as the Statement discontinuing, I have my thoughts / opinion, and you have your thoughts / opinion, which you know I very much respect, I think we will just have to see what ML moves on to, as ML's new products come to the market.

Thanks again for the above excellent information, Jeff... :D

Last edited:
longhorn said:
So the model that was shown at the end of the film was possibly a prototype for the Vista/Vantage? Hmmmmm.

This is the Vista. http://www.stereo.ru/onenews.php?news_id=1705

The one at the end of the film that you mentioned I believe Joey nailed it bang on with it being a new Clarity design.

See Jeff I told you so... those Russians get the images and news first.

SugarMedia said:
This is the Vista. http://www.stereo.ru/onenews.php?news_id=1705

The one at the end of the film that you mentioned I believe Joey nailed it bang on with it being a new Clarity design.

See Jeff I told you so... those Russians get the images and news first.

BabelFish translation.

Acoustician Martin Logan Vista

Company MartinLogan (USA) declared about the release of new hybrid acoustics with the electrostatic panel of last generation. The model, registered by the name Vista, is positioned as the third step after Summit and Vantage. Vista is equipped by firm High-Tech- solutions: XStat™.Transducer, AirFrame™ (rigid frame from aluminum), High-Resolution Woofer (Lf- driver of vyskoy accuracy), Ultimate Crossover Engineering (the separation filters of audiofil'skogo quality)... Possessing all technological signs of flag development, Vista much more compact costs the reasonable money (manual assembling, natural lead, varnish coating). Attractive price will allow worshippers High End Audio to be introduced to the sound of the high resolution, by which be famous "elektrostaty" MartinLogan. Depending on the ambitions of owner, Vista can successfully fulfill the role of frontal stereo pair, but nothing prevents it from engaging the rear position in the domestic cinema, where is assigned the tone, for example, luxurious Summit (or Vantage). Finishing can be selected to order from several versions (Black Ash, Dark Cherry, Natural Cherry, Maple).

img_med.jpg

Last edited:
Back