starting my first hifi system with ML

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoonet

Reaction score
hi
My name is Hoon
I am a student at UW
since I am off to college, and I have my own place,
I decided to get into hifi
I got a lot of good advise from stereophile forum
also they recommended this ML club as well :D
I ended up getting
Marantz TT15
Arcam A18
and most importantly
ML Purity

I dont have pictures of them, cus they are still on their way here.
I think they will be here right after thanks giving
I am so excited !!
I am just starting hifi
so please help me
I cannot wait to learn so much from you guys!!

Thanx!

Hello Hoon,

Welcome to the club. First off, good luck with your studies. It is refreshing to see someone interested in quality sound. While I won't debate the Ipod vs CD or vinyl rig, I'll say to you research, ask questions and most of all, save your pennies. This can be an expensive gig.

So ask your questions if you have them. Remember there is no dumb question!

Gordon

Welcome Hoon, it's nice to see your enthusiasm ! Good luck with your studies as well as your audio journey !

Hoon welcome to the forum.
Purity is a great speaker.
Connect the preamp out of your integrated amplifier directly to the Purity for better results.
Nikos

hi
My name is Hoon
I am a student at UW
since I am off to college, and I have my own place,
I decided to get into hifi
I got a lot of good advise from stereophile forum
also they recommended this ML club as well :D
I ended up getting
Marantz TT15
Arcam A18
and most importantly
ML Purity

I dont have pictures of them, cus they are still on their way here.
I think they will be here right after thanks giving
I am so excited !!
I am just starting hifi
so please help me
I cannot wait to learn so much from you guys!!

Thanx!

Welcome! Always nice to see more Seattle people on here. I just got my Purity speakers about a month ago and I love them. I also went with the Motif for the center channel. I am new to the ML ownership world, but I have been lusting over these speakers for going on 20 years now. I just got to the point where I can have a dedicated media room in order to justify having them.

Welcom to the ML forum, make yoself coomfy; take off ur shoes. LOL hope you enjoy the system and remember if these are new; allow them to burn in. I recently purchased an Audiotec AT 0c9 cart for my Project RPM 10 and it took ages to burn in. Now I have just received my Quest Z back after repair and new panels, so letting them burn in. Make sure that your cable connections are correct pos tp pos, min to neg I made this mistake when I hooked the Quests up on Wednesday, and wondering the bass was boomy, found the fault made an error in the speaker cable connection.
Also very important, use good cables in your system, and not cheap give away stuff.

Latest posts

Back