Sound Lab M1-PX - Original or Modified?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterpioli

Reaction score
There are two pairs of M1-PX speakers for sale on Audiogon. One is an original M1-PX pair and the second pair is an older pair of M1 speakers that were upgraded.

Isn’t it better to buy an original pair of M1-PX speakers that haven’t been modified if you really want all the latest PX technology? The frame curvature of the old M1 model is different (greater) and it wouldn’t change, so you don’t truly get real M1-PX speakers. It seems you only get partial PX technology.

Also, I’m always concerned about the resale value of anything modified.

I just learned that M-1 panels can be upgraded with PX stator insulation and Teflon coated membranes, but not the PX stator lattice backing. So an upgraded M-1 will not have all the features of an M-1PX. I wouldn't want an incomplete, modified pair.

I don't mean to discourage you're line of questioning, but I'd bet you would get a lot more responces on a SoundLab site. I like SoundLabs, but couldn't even begin to answer your question.

Latest posts

Back