• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Martin Logan Owners and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold -SOLD- Monolith iii's

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

modavid

Reaction score
I have a set of Monlith iii's in piano black I'm considering selling. They are in excellent cosmetic condition. I have owned these since 2002 non smoking home. They are just not going to work in my current living space. I replaced the Stat Panels and the worn out Woofers about 3 years ago. Both changes improved the frequency responses and the panels came alive. I believe these panels are superior to the originals since they were made with better materials and finishes. The woofer is a 4 OHM unit that measured very close to the original Eminence woofers. I bypassed one of the coils in the Low Pass section of the crossover to allow a little more mid base from the woofer. This can easily be undone. Binding posts to woofer internal wiring upgraded from OEM. These speakers image beautifully and have a gigantic soundstage. I have all supporting paperwork and manuals. Honestly I believe these stat panels out perform ML's newer models due to their size. I augment the lower bass with a Depth i subwoofer. Here are some sale options I'm pondering. I wanted to list them here first.

Prefer to sell as complete units. I do not have the boxes anymore but they could be wrapped in plastic and blankets and cardboard then attached to a pallet for freight shipping. The original boxes were the size of caskets and would have needed 2 pallets.

I would prefer to see these be kept complete and go to a good home.

I'm thinking $1500 would be a fair price? Customer pays Shipping.

JonFo

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Man, tempted, as I want to have matching rears, and re-deploy the Sequels as surrounds for a 7.4.4 setup. But not ready to pull the trigger yet.

modavid

Reaction score
I cant imagine how awesome 4 of these in a surround setup properly amped would sound. I use mine in 2 channel to watch movies and was always satisfied with 2 channel because these have a broad soundstage.

Brad225

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
Man, tempted, as I want to have matching rears, and re-deploy the Sequels as surrounds for a 7.4.4 setup. But not ready to pull the trigger yet.

For $1500, Jon, you must have storage space somewhere. That is something you should think seriously about. When your ready they will be waiting. :unsure:

modavid

Reaction score
That’s a good point. If I could convince my girlfriend to clean out her basement and set up a media room I would move them over there. She likes them and was with me when I purchased them. God It must have been around 2002. She has a Rotel amp. I have run these on it before when my Krells were getting serviced. It seemed to drive them fine though with just less authority. Volkswagen Beatle vs a MAC truck.

I don’t know how much these are worth If I cant sell them locally I would need to probably reduce the price to buffer the freight charges. That can be $300-$500 bucks depending on distance.

Reverb

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi, is this still available? Please update.

Status
Not open for further replies.